Stewie doesnt appreciate Human Females

ericanicole

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Stewie will be a year old about July 2nd. I've had him since he was left alone at two weeks of age. As some of you know from my past posts he was a wild kitty. He loves to bit and use his claws to play. Something we all have gotten used to and in the past 3 months, hes mellowed out on it somewhat. Well the problem is whenever a female human guest comes over (im the only female anything in the house) he cries out like he is in pain, hisses and treats both Dan and myself like we are threats when we try to help him by removing him from the room...i totally melt down he has. If males come over he is more then overjoyed to play with them and come check them out. whats going on? is it my fault. He is lovey to me since i started "showing" and loves to cuddle with me and follow me around the house....just flips out when it comes to other human females.

Ive got two of my girlfriends coming over next weekend to spend the night...what am I going to do...lock him up in the spare room all day? thats not fair.

any suggestions.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's crazy.

The only thing I can think of is that it would be scent related, maybe hormonal?

No idea what could help. Have you already tried Feliway?
Maybe put him up for a while when they first show up and let him out after everyone quiets down a little? And leave the other rooms dark so he feels like he has somewhere to retreat to.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ericanicole

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

That's crazy.

The only thing I can think of is that it would be scent related, maybe hormonal?

No idea what could help. Have you already tried Feliway?
Maybe put him up for a while when they first show up and let him out after everyone quiets down a little? And leave the other rooms dark so he feels like he has somewhere to retreat to.
your totally right about letting him just sit in a room alone while he gets used to the sounds and smells of the girls....thats something i think im going to have to do no matter what.
Ive never tired feliway...maybe this weekend Ill stop and look into it.
Its weird, sure is weird. My Mikey LOVES the ladies! he hears a womens voice and he knows that all he's got to do is show his cute little face and someones going to give him chin scratches and a belly rub.