Transformers

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
wow, 2 threads started in one day, everyone mark your calendars

is anyone looking forward to seeing this movie? I loved the Transformer cartoons as a kid and can't wait to see what they do with "live-action" Starts July 9th, and this is one movie I HAVE to see on the big-screen

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have you seen the commercials with them? The toaster that steals the Mountain Dew and Optimus Prime crushing this guy's car.. "My bad"

muttigreemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We thought it was 7/4/07 too... and then on the commercial the other day they said "Opening July 3rd" Wait... what?! DH almost did a spit-take.

And now the movie website says its opening 7/2/07 and I just checked the moviefone website... there are showings in my area on 7/2

Weird, eh?

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The premier for Transformers is Monday night (7-2) at our local theater. They start a regular showtime rotation on Tuesday. I really want to see it too, but we'll probably just wait until it comes out on DVD.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by MuttigreeMom

We thought it was 7/4/07 too... and then on the commercial the other day they said "Opening July 3rd" Wait... what?! DH almost did a spit-take.

And now the movie website says its opening 7/2/07 and I just checked the moviefone website... there are showings in my area on 7/2

Weird, eh?
I guess they're special advanced screenings?

muttigreemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

I guess they're special advanced screenings?
Don't they usually only do special advanced screenings at like one or two theaters? Cuz moviefone lists a whole slew of showtimes in my area on 7/2

And the transformers movie site http://www.transformersmovie.com/ lists opening day as 7/2 now...

It looks like they just changed the day

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There are a couple screenings here on 7/2 but the regular schedule starts on 7/3 here.

We'll be going to see it, but probably not the first days. I think its going to be a let-down

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
okay, maybe July 9th was something else
I don't really have anyone to go with either, Natalie, but someone is getting dragged to the theater!!!

ericanicole

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

wow, 2 threads started in one day, everyone mark your calendars

is anyone looking forward to seeing this movie? I loved the Transformer cartoons as a kid and can't wait to see what they do with "live-action" Starts July 9th, and this is one movie I HAVE to see on the big-screen
I get all excited everytime i see the commerical.
Bumble Bee looks AWESOME!! they used a camaro that isnt out yet for a few years, a sweet sweet ride!

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MuttigreeMom

Weird, eh?
The commercials that say July 3rd also say July 4 if you read it (at least the ones I saw did). They just can't seem to decide what day to release it.
I bought my boyfriend 4 transformers toys and he wont stop talking about the movie.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have been living with a Transformers obsessed man for the past few months, and the last couple of weeks have almost been unbearable.

See, I didn't play with Transformers. I'm a GIRL (as I try to explain to him) who played with BARBIE. I honestly didn't even know any of the robots except for Optimus Prime and Bumblebee, and barely knew the difference between Autobots and Decepticons.

But, we will be seeing it probaby on the 4th. The special effects do look pretty cool.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

I have been living with a Transformers obsessed man for the past few months, and the last couple of weeks have almost been unbearable.

See, I didn't play with Transformers. I'm a GIRL (as I try to explain to him) who played with BARBIE. I honestly didn't even know any of the robots except for Optimus Prime and Bumblebee, and barely knew the difference between Autobots and Decepticons.

But, we will be seeing it probaby on the 4th. The special effects do look pretty cool.
That is exactly how I feel. I don't know who any of the transformers are. I can't even figure out how to transform the toys that my boyfriend has.
He has been going nuts over it lately, especially every time the preview comes on tv. You have to stop everything your doing and watch and you can't talk.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
haha nope not at all. We have one younger guy working here, who was all excited until he saw that they changed alot of stuff., now he is saying he wont go.

i will check it out once it hits dvd

muttigreemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

I feel your pain!

Dh has been obsessed with transformers since he was a kid. He has his own office in the house and it's filled with transformers. Heck once as a present I stenciled autobot and decepticon symbols on his closet door. He went NUTS! Man I seriously thought he was either going to drop dead or propose right there

But I kept telling him I didn't watch transformers because I was a girl.... so he sat me down and made me watch dvds of Transformers, Beastwars, the other transformers movie... and there was another one that I can't think of. I know more than any other girl I've ever met
But unfortunately, now I can't use the Barbie excuse anymore... I wish I could

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I noticed last night that the ads were now saying 7-3-7 where the night before they were 7-4-7.

I watched them because of my younger cousin who collected them. I was in my late 20s at the time.

xulili

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have a transfan for a hubby (Dairyland transfan number 8 in his case lol) were planning a group outing to the movies. A bunch of the locals are getting together to watch it then sepnd a few hours talking over the movie and checking out or new toys lol. Oh and by the way I'm member number 89

I just wish they would have put soundwave in the movie!!!

Oh well here is to hopeing it's not a total bomb.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Did anyone else see it tonight? I just got back not long ago and it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be (just very long). I saw the special 8pm showing that was at selected theaters tonight and then it opens everywhere tomorrow. My boyfriend loved it. The guys sitting behind me in the theater clapped when it was over