Anyone else have a drooler?

boog's mom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Looks like the new kitten is a drooler.

He only does it when he's being scratched, and he really gets his purr going. Maybe he hasn't learned to purr, and control his mouth at the same time.

Its a lot though. Large drips come out of the front and both sides of his mouth. Guess we're going to have to shop for kitten bibs.

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't have a kitty drooler but my hound drools like no other.

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Spaz drools bunches when she is giving hugs and when she curls up on my head.
Yuck! Nothing like cat spit running down your neck or into your ear.

Vash is my only other drooler.
He just stands in my lap while getting pets and purrs really loud and drips all over.

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Rocket and Luna are my two droolers.

Rocket will drool on my hair at night when he's kneading it to put himself to sleep. It makes him happy so who am I to judge?
Luna only drools if you pet her in the right spot. I'm not quite sure yet where it is though because she doesn't seem to have a set pattern. Sounds weird I know, but it's Luna.

ferocity302

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My stormy cat isn't a drooler, he's a running faucet!

My fiance was just playing around one night and said, "I wonder..." and "virtually" petted Stormy while he was at the end of the bed. Didn't even have to be physically touched, just knowing what it meant was enough.

Stormy started purring and drooling all over the place. We just laughed and then of course gave him the real deal.

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Isaac is a drooler only when he "fake" suckles. This is when he kneads my arm & fubs his mouth all over my arm. Most of the time I love it, but when the drool starts running down my arm I get a little grossed out.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Chynna drools when she's really content and getting a chin scratch.

Abby drools when you brush the sides of her face, but she also increases her swallowing to compensate for it.

Neither are super soakers though.

whiskerwood

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My Spike is a major drooler!!!
He will curl up in my lap and drip, drip, drip, drip... LOL
His brother Phantom drools a bit but Spike is like a faucet once he gets going

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My Maggie is a drooler like none other! When she lays on my lap, she kneads, purrs and drools. Sometimes I will have a spot of drool on my lap as big as a dinner plate! It's really awful when she's drooling away and then shakes her head....flying kitty spittle....GAK!!! Lola sort of drools when she's purring and kneading away. A drop will form in the side of her mouth, but it rarely falls....so I'm not sure if you'd call her a drooler or not!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Arlyn

Spaz drools bunches when she is giving hugs and when she curls up on my head.
Yuck! Nothing like cat spit running down your neck or into your ear.
That sounds exactly like Jamie!

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Boog's Mom

He only does it when he's being scratched, and he really gets his purr going. Maybe he hasn't learned to purr, and control his mouth at the same time.

Its a lot though. Large drips come out of the front and both sides of his mouth. Guess we're going to have to shop for kitten bibs.
OH i thought this was a thread about our SO

Nope Charlie pops out a drop of dribble here and there when hes really getting worked over with the brush or some long nails. Other than that he's dry

jean-ji

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Pru is the drooler in our house. When she is happy and purring, the juice starts to flow. I thought it was because she is missing a few teeth, but I guess not after reading about the other droolers here on TCS.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Boog's Mom

I was wondering how old your new kitten was. Alley is three years old and does the same thing; she also does it when kneading on my chest.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

boog's mom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

I was wondering how old your new kitten was. Alley is three years old and does the same thing; she also does it when kneading on my chest.
Skippy is just about 10 weeks old. He's a sweet little boy. Ugh...last night, when I was petting him, and he was juicing up, he decided to give me some lovey rubs right across the face. I had big wet kitten slug trails from one ear to the next.

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sassy drools like crazy when you rub his ears. Linus isn't but he is a nibbler. He will nibble on you skin when you are rubbing his back. It doesn't hurt or anything he just barely touches you but it is cute when he does it.