TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › My new goal...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

My new goal...

post #1 of 18
Thread Starter 
My new mission is to see all of the movies in IMDb's top 250. It should take me well into next year to get fully caught up. So here are the rules I've set for myself. I'm going from 1 down to 250. I get to skip any movie I've already seen.

I'm getting really excited! Here's the list: http://www.imdb.com/chart/top
post #2 of 18
Oooh how exciting!!!! The ones like Buono, il brutto, il cattivo, Il which have a high rating but not many votes will certainly be interesting!

Edit: Oh just realised that's just "The good, the bad and the ugly"... There'll be plenty of interesting ones anyway!
post #3 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahp View Post
Oooh how exciting!!!! The ones like Buono, il brutto, il cattivo, Il which have a high rating but not many votes will certainly be interesting!
Well, that's The Good The Bad and The Ugly. To marry my husband I had to watch that movie and pronounce that I liked it. He said he couldn't marry a woman that didn't like Clint Eastwood movies!

I'm looking forward to The Departed and Chinatown. I've been told many times I need to see them but have never gotten around to it.
post #4 of 18
wow, I've actually seen a few of those (at least those in the top 20) I'm not an avid movie watcher, but I guess when I do watch, I watch the good ones! some of them, like Twelve Angry Men, its been YEARS, so I'd probably watch it again I might try the same thing, Heather!
post #5 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by katiemae1277 View Post
wow, I've actually seen a few of those (at least those in the top 20) I'm not an avid movie watcher, but I guess when I do watch, I watch the good ones! some of them, like Twelve Angry Men, its been YEARS, so I'd probably watch it again I might try the same thing, Heather!
Read the play and then watch the movie! It's an amazing ride!
post #6 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingglass View Post
Read the play and then watch the movie! It's an amazing ride!
yup, we did that in 7th grade English and I STILL remember how it made me feel.... now that's some good playwrighting/movie acting!
post #7 of 18
Ohh there are some good movies on there (well... that's probably logical since its the top 250 duh, me )

Rear Window.. oh that's such a good one! That's one of my favorites.

Now Donnie Darko... I don't know how that made it to the list. That seems to be a love it/hate it movie tho. A group of people at DH's job watched it and we were split on it. DH and I were in the "what is this cr**???" group
post #8 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuttigreeMom View Post
Ohh there are some good movies on there (well... that's probably logical since its the top 250 duh, me )

Rear Window.. oh that's such a good one! That's one of my favorites.

Now Donnie Darko... I don't know how that made it to the list. That seems to be a love it/hate it movie tho. A group of people at DH's job watched it and we were split on it. DH and I were in the "what is this cr**???" group
I'm in the "Love it" group with that movie.

However I have no idea how I haven't seen Rear Window.
post #9 of 18
Donnie Darko is so one of my favorites - I can watch it over and over and see new bits in it all the time

The list is fab - I have some in my own collection, and The Thing (no 200) was on TV last night, always get me on the edge on my seat - great to watch again.

Great challenge - enjoy !
post #10 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mooficat View Post
Donnie Darko is so one of my favorites - I can watch it over and over and see new bits in it all the time

The list is fab - I have some in my own collection, and The Thing (no 200) was on TV last night, always get me on the edge on my seat - great to watch again.

Great challenge - enjoy !
I've seen The Thing. The whole monster in the dog thing freaks me out.
post #11 of 18
The Departed is very good- you will enjoy it.
post #12 of 18
That's a cool idea Heather My all time favorite is Vita è bella, La ...Life is Beautiful
post #13 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella713 View Post
That's a cool idea Heather My all time favorite is Vita è bella, La ...Life is Beautiful
That is a wonderful movie! I saw that in the theater and cried like a baby.
post #14 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingglass View Post
That is a wonderful movie! I saw that in the theater and cried like a baby.
I have to say that was the most emotional movie I have ever seen, I have never forgotten how I felt when I watched it and that was years ago.
post #15 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella713 View Post
I have to say that was the most emotional movie I have ever seen, I have never forgotten how I felt when I watched it and that was years ago.
I made a total connection to the movie when I saw it, I know what you mean.
post #16 of 18
Umm I think I watch too many movies. I've seen 212 of the top 250. I kind of owe that to my brother. He has his bachelors degree in film so he recommended a lot of those movies.
post #17 of 18
What a great idea! I may have to give it at try!
post #18 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerOnTheProwl View Post
Umm I think I watch too many movies. I've seen 212 of the top 250. I kind of owe that to my brother. He has his bachelors degree in film so he recommended a lot of those movies.
I love film so much, and it's one of my passions. I have no idea how I'm going to do it, but one day I will dedicate my life to it.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › My new goal...