*****KatKwiz #73*****

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Anne Moss is the founder and owner of TheCatSite.com.
She is a cat behaviorist and a member of the _____________Association.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

Anne Moss is the founder and owner of TheCatSite.com.
She is a cat behaviorist and a member of the Cats Writers Association.
??? The answer appears in dozens of places, everywhere that Anne has written an article. Anyway, six hours has went by without the correct answer. Here is one of many places to find the answer:

1. Cat Behavior
2. Cats as Predators
Look at bottom of page

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by cheylink

CWA.....without giving it away completely, but a BIG hint!
I ran CWA by Google and got so many thousands of things that it stands for that I cannot take that as an answer - unless you found just the initials CWA somewherehere on the Cat Site as standing for Cats Writers Asociation. If you did, please tell me where and you will be the winner and I will try and get it corrected.

Here is my problem:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&i...=Google+Search

Anne could belong to any of these organizations. But the bottom of every article I have found say that she is a member of the Cats Writers Association and never give just CWA.

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I found the answer not too long after the question was posted but didn't want to be a points hog
So who won this one?

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by neetanddave

Too late Kenz.

Sorry, you are NOT the KatKwiz Whiz of the Day.
I noticed that after I posted

What I dont understand is why he posted the answer when only 1 person had tried to answer it and he wasn't sure if he could accept the answer of CWA? I don't get it.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

I noticed that after I posted

What I dont understand is why he posted the answer when only 1 person had tried to answer it and he wasn't sure if he could accept the answer of CWA? I don't get it.
This week I have been posting at all kinds of odd hours for me, to give our worldwide audience a better chance at getting the answer first. The contest ends after six hours, this has been a part of the rules for some time, not something new. With regards to Anne, in all her articles it says Cats Writers Association. The rules also say all you have to do is to fill in the blank DIRECTLY FROM WHAT IS WRITTEN ON THE CAT SITE. Nowhere does it say CWA and I have provided a link that shows all the thousands of things that CWA could stand for.

My whole purpose is to give away points, not to save them but I do not believe we had a winner today. I have done a CWA search of the site. Look at any article by Anne and you will see that all you had to do was supply cats writers in the blank. This is the way it has been now since revising the rules, just supply exactly what is stated on The Cat Site within six hours and you win the points.

The purpose of KatKwiz is to hopefully teach useful information. I wanted people to know that Anne belonged to the Cat Writers Association. Using google, you would have to go a long, long, way to find any indication that CWA was an abbreviation for this.

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Some people do not click on links that are outside TCS, they trust TCS but don't 'know' other sites.

Maybe if you posted the rules on TCS people would read them more?

But then you would lose the ability to edit them after a certain amount of time

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

Some people do not click on links that are outside TCS, they trust TCS but don't 'know' other sites.

I just looked at the counter on the rules and it says 1172. Of course we have a lot more members than this. The very reason you stated is why I have a separate web page for the rules, so that they can be changed. I have constantly changed the rules in the past in keeping with suggestions made by our members. Perhaps now that things appear to have settled down in the rules department, I can post them somewhere else. As always, I am open to suggestions and I did keep repeating to people to please read the new rules by clicking on the KatKwiz link below. It never occurred to me that people would be fearful of doing this. I guarantee that this link below is in no way monitored other than a counter. If people will not use the link, I will have to post them somewhere else.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

For those of you that have NOT clicked on the KatKwiz link below because it is not resident on TCS, I have moved the rules to TCS. Please review the rules if you have not done so in the past. Thank you.

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

I just looked at the counter on the rules and it says 1172. Of course we have a lot more members than this.
Counters like those count IPs or page views, either way would not give you an indication of the number of people who looked at the page.

As far as your guarantee that it is the only monitoring, I doubt most hackers etc admit they are doing it which is why people can be wary of clicking onto sites they are not familiar with

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Counters like those count IPs or page views, either way would not give you an indication of the number of people who looked at the page.

As far as your guarantee that it is the only monitoring, I doubt most hackers etc admit they are doing it which is why people can be wary of clicking onto sites they are not familiar with
The KatKwiz link under my siggy now points to a TCS resident post. It was copied without changes from my web page. It would have never occurred to me that this was why people were not reading the rules. Never! Thank you. If the rules need to be changed in the future, I will just post a new thread on TCS and update the KatKwiz link accordingly. I do believe however, that we have the rules pretty finalized.