World War 3 happening in my house!

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a pug, a lab and a malamute fighting for a stupid tennis ball....under my DESK!!! Needless to say, I'm not very amused. It started in the living room, then in come the pug, running, carrying a tennis ball that is almost the size of her head! (don't ask me how she did it...I don't want to know). She was then followed by two very big dogs that sounded like elephants running through the house. Now, mind you, it is 1:00 in the morning, and I was about ready to get some sleep...but obviously, that is out of the question for the moment.

Well, it looks like the fight has had a time out. Buttercup (the pug) is happily guarding "her" ball at my feet, snarling and snorting at the other two. They are laying at either side of my chair, whining and begging me to get it for them. I refuse to get involved with doggie politics!

The funniest thing is the cats are looking at them like they just lost their minds! I want to remind they how they act with the cat-nip mouse!
At least they keep my life interesting, and sleep deprived.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'll trade you. I've got obsessive comupulsive Coco who lives for tennis balls. I have at least a dozen at my feet. She keeps throwing them at me...yes, she can throw her tennis ball!

So, who makes more noise when running....the dogs or the cats?

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sounds like a fun household!!! I have this great mental picture of Buttercup snorting at the bigger dogs guarding her prey knowing she's safe at mum's feet

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

So, who makes more noise when running....the dogs or the cats?
Well, it depends. The dogs make more noise running on the hardwood and linoleum (it's so funny to watch because they slide so easily...I can't tell you how many times Snickers has hit the kitchen island head on because she can't turn fast enough!), but the cats make more noise because of everything they knock off of the counters and tables, not to mention the chair they insist on knocking over at least twice a week!
Lord help me if someone broke into the house. I would just assume all the banging and crashing was playtime!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

Sounds like a fun household!!! I have this great mental picture of Buttercup snorting at the bigger dogs guarding her prey knowing she's safe at mum's feet
Oh, Buttercup thinks she's a St. Bernard! She has more attitude than the other two put together! She doesn't need me, because I won't protect her. She starts most of the squabbles, and she is highly jealous if I give ANY lovings to the other two. What I don't understand is she is a daddy's girl. She just wants to rule the roost, and honestly, both of the bigger dogs defer to her. Strange. I guess attitude is everything.