it's official! 2nd wettest June on record!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
news tonight said we have officially had the 2nd wettest June on record... 10.82 inches of rain this month alone. that's after it rained most of May, too. it's also one of the coolest Junes, too, not surprisingly. it's supposed to rain EVERY day this week, with 50 percent or more chance of rain until Wednesday, July 4th, when the chance goes down to 20 percent...
i'm so tired of all of this rain!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Dad & I were discussing how wet it was elsewhere! Here in MN, our grass is dying. And I don't think it's all doggie pee!

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You send some up our way. It has been really dry here. All we've had are thunderstorms where the rain pours for about 15 minutes, then it is even more humid than before. We just planted grass last weekend and the dust was unreal! But, yeah...that is quite a bit of rain. Quit hogging it all!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by calico2222

You send some up our way. It has been really dry here. All we've had are thunderstorms where the rain pours for about 15 minutes, then it is even more humid than before. We just planted grass last weekend and the dust was unreal! But, yeah...that is quite a bit of rain. Quit hogging it all!
i'd LOVE to! my mom pointed out that at least i haven't had to water my foundation this year, like i did the last 2 years when we were in the drought... but at least then i didn't have thigh-high grass that i couldn't get out to mow because it never stopped raining! the grass didn't grow, it turned brown instead

darkeyedgirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Send some this way. We got (I think) .5 inch for June. HORRIBLE drought conditions.

Warnings are out cuz next week is when everyone will be having explosives set off in their very very dry, brown back yards... lots of firefighters will be keeping plenty busy around these parts!

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Saw the news last night about the town of Marble Falls - what was left after the flash flood. That story was followed by the forest fires in California.

Betcha wish you could direct all that moisture to where it's needed.

catsrnmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, this rain needs to stop for awhile now!!!! I am ready to start building my ark to float away in. Lots of flooding going on around in North Texas, many families displaced due to the flooding, and it is difficult to drive anywhere now because the streets are so full of large puddles of standing water...when it rains it pours, litterally..

liza24

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
dang, wish it was that way here. we havent had rain in WEEKS!! my grass looks like hay

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

Dad & I were discussing how wet it was elsewhere! Here in MN, our grass is dying. And I don't think it's all doggie pee!
Not in this part of MN, Natalie! We've had a lot of rain over here!

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It just needs to stop raining!!
My poor plants are dying because the ground is so saturated from rain a month ago, that it has no where else to g except in a puddle above ground.
I dumped out my rain gage which was at 3 inches and that was in hours. No telling how much more I will find once home.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
ok, it's raining again... my directtv is having fits!
& i just fed the ferals, so now all of their food will be ruined...

tnkittymom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Definitely the opposite of here. We are in need of the rain bad here. Our yard is brown instead of green.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
and we are having our daily/nightly rainfall, right on schedule, again