OK so now I am SO CONFUSED! HELP!!!!

big-cat-fan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What exactly does a 4-way shot mean? What shots does it include?! I made an appt. @ a new vet yesturday for Garfield to get his shots and I know that the lady told me the LEUKEMIA IS NOT INCLUDED in the 4-way. That it was seperate.

But... I took Garfield in for his shots and I also discussed him not using the litter box anymore since we changed houses. Well the vet decided to keep him over night b/c she says she wanted a urine sample.

As I was on my way home I noticed that the shot certificate said that he HAD INDEED recieved the LEUKEMIA shot!!! So i called them and asked them had he gotten that one.... and she said yes!!! I told her that I specifically told the lady yesturday on the phone that he had almost died from his 1st LEUKEMIA shot and he wasnt supposed to have another. She then told me they would watch him closely!

I am sooooooo confused! Did he or did he not get it? And I miss him so much! One minute away from my big baby is torture!

brittany_nicole

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
A 4-in-one vaccination at my vet doesn't include Feline Leukemia.

How old was your cat when she almost died from the Feline Leukemia vaccination?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

big-cat-fan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Brittany_Nicole

A 4-in-one vaccination at my vet doesn't include Feline Leukemia.

How old was your cat when she almost died from the Feline Leukemia vaccination?
Ohhh my gosh! That helps my mind alot! I think they might have checked that box on accident!
And when I called to ask her about it she probably saw the box checked and just told me yes.

He was around 8 months old when he had his first Feline Leukemoa shot. They told me not many cats have that reaction to it but some do.

When the lady came in she had 2 needles.Is that how many the 4-way requires?

brittany_nicole

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm not exactly sure how many needles they use, I don't really pay much attention to that.

The 4-in-1 vaccination at my vet includes FVRCP and Ch. FVRCP (Feline Viral Rhinotracheitis, Calicivirus Infection, Panleukopenia). I'm not sure about the Ch though, but it isn't feline leukemia.

The 5-in-1 vaccine includes feline leukima.