Black tabby cat?

tortiebaby

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I was wondering if there is a such thing as a black tabby? I have seen many kittens and even used to have one(but he was rehomed almost a year ago and I have since lost contact with the owner
) that are black and seem to have stripes on their body. However, you never see full grown black cats with stripes. why is that?

Does anyone have any pics of black cats with stripes that they can share?

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ghost tabby markings are common in many colours of kittens, but they usually grow out as the cat gets older. Same applies for black cats, if there is a slight variation between the shade of the background black from the black markings

ladycat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
zoey has stripes, but she has that white undercoat. you can seems the on her legs, but the rest of her has to be caught in certain light.

skippymjp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Epona

Ghost tabby markings are common in many colours of kittens, but they usually grow out as the cat gets older. Same applies for black cats, if there is a slight variation between the shade of the background black from the black markings
Mischief is almost 7, and he still has his ghost "M" on his forehead. The only thing is, he has to be on his window perch, in the sun, with his head turned juuuuuust so for you to see it