I think I'm melting

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The high today is supposed to be 86. Not too bad until you add the 75% humidity on top of that. I have no idea how hot it is outside, but our office is about 80 degrees right now. I've worked here 8 years. I should be used to this, but every summer it's like this. I work for a foundry and when it gets this hot out the air can't keep up and it just keeps getting warmer & warmer through out the day. I'm thankful to say that it's supposed to cool down tonight & stay cool for several days.

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Drink lots of water to stay hydrated. I don't think I could handle working in a foundry!

graciecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I feel for you.
It's 92 here right now and very humid.
I just went outside to get the mail and when I opened the door the humidity almost knocked me out.
It's been raining off and on all afternoon, but I think that's only making it worse.
Thank God for central air, but sometimes even that isn't enough!

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Please waft some of it over here!
This is what we had today, yesterday, the day before that...

pinkrhinos4

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rang_27

The high today is supposed to be 86. Not too bad until you add the 75% humidity on top of that. I have no idea how hot it is outside, but our office is about 80 degrees right now. I've worked here 8 years. I should be used to this, but every summer it's like this. I work for a foundry and when it gets this hot out the air can't keep up and it just keeps getting warmer & warmer through out the day. I'm thankful to say that it's supposed to cool down tonight & stay cool for several days.
I wish it was warm as that here... Cant believe its only been 14C in Leeds today...

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by PinkRhinos4

I wish it was warm as that here... Cant believe its only been 14C in Leeds today...
Man - I wish it were 14 C, just for a few days!

liza24

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
its 93 here, with a "feel" like temp of 105 and 85% humidity, waitin ona t storm to bring in a cool front.

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jaffacake

Please waft some of it over here!
This is what we had today, yesterday, the day before that...
Those houses are cute- I love the bay windows!

roxie225

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Right now it is 89F here but it says feels like 94!! It feels like 110 if you ask me!! It is supposed to rain tonight and tomorrow... thank god!

And to make matters worse, my car has no a/c!! And it's black!! Argh!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't been down on the floor this afternoon, but I feel so bad for those guys because there are certain departments that they are not allowed to open the windows for enviornmental reasons. So not only is it hot & humid, but the air is just dead. They have fans, but that only helps so much. The company also provides free Gatoraide on days like today. It's a dangerous place to work in the summer, and I don't think there's enough money in the world for me to work down there. I give thos guys a lot of credit.

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jenny82

Those houses are cute- I love the bay windows!
Really?! The house I live in is the same only cream and I`m the floor below the bottom windows you can see.

No suntan to be had here!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah we need some rain too. I think we are supposed to get some tonight.

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rang_27

Yeah we need some rain too. I think we are supposed to get some tonight.
us too, but it probably won't last long. the ground and grass need a nice long steady soak!

graciecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree.
Those houses are so cute.

This is off topic but, one of my favorite British TV shows is "Last Of The Summer Wine."
It's set in Yorkshire and I know that not everything is filmed in the same town, but everytime they show the houses and those beautiful hills I just want to pack up and move there.
It looks like something out of a fairy tale to me.

pinkrhinos4

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Graciecat

I agree.
Those houses are so cute.

This is off topic but, one of my favorite British TV shows is "Last Of The Summer Wine."
It's set in Yorkshire and I know that not everything is filmed in the same town, but everytime they show the houses and those beautiful hills I just want to pack up and move there.
It looks like something out of a fairy tale to me.
I live in Yorkshire! and just down the road from me are some hills and lovely landscapes like this..