How could TCS possibly be better?

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It couldn't.

One thing that I would like to see is additional information in the bio section. I use this a lot to try and learn more about our members. The one thing I rarely see though is the person's name and gender. It would be nice if I knew more member's names so that I could be more personal with my responses. I am amazed at how many of our members do seem to know so many of our member's names. I put my name of Lee, and since that does NOT indicate my gender, I give that too. I think the bio is a great idea. After being a member for eleven months, I just a few days ago broke down and added my age.
(No looking.) Of course, a person should never be required to tell anything about theirselves, but I for one, would just like to know more about our members. I have went back through all of the spotlights and this is also a great idea; I would just like to be a little more personal, for instance when awarding points. As an example, for whatever reasons, I had always thought neetanddave was a man. It was just yesterday when I found her spotlight that I learned different. This is NOT a suggestion for any of the people that run this site, but rather just a thought to those that are filling out their bios. Do not give any information you do not want to be public, but for those of you that do not mind, it may have just not ever occurred to you that this would be nice to know information for people like me.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like the siggies that include the member's name. (Doesn't mean I'll always remember it...)

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

No, I'm sorry, but I refuse to tell anyone my first name.
Wait! Let me guess!!!!
Jane? Yolanda? Harriet?? gimme a hint!!

I agree, Lee, I would love it if more people put a little more info into their biographies, nothing too personal or anything, but maybe a name and/or age

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MuttigreeMom

Only if you're going to send me really expensive pretty gifts
Originally Posted by Bonnie1965

78958 West of the Moon Dr.
Village of the Unknowing
Venus, Milky Way Galaxy 256-PR-853

You are BOTH going to get some cat butts in the mail

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

As an example, for whatever reasons, I had always thought neetanddave was a man. It was just yesterday when I found her spotlight that I learned different.
Hmm, you must have had me on ignore too long, Lee. It's pretty obvious from my location "with Dave in the BBQ Capital" that I am NOT Dave, and I know lots of people refer to me as Nita or neet.
I know I have big brass ones sometimes, but geez....

As far as personal information in the bios, I think people sometimes put TOO much information there. The internet is not the safest place to be telling too much about yourself.

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by neetanddave

Hmm, you must have had me on ignore too long, Lee. It's pretty obvious from my location "with Dave in the BBQ Capital" that I am NOT Dave, and I know lots of people refer to me as Nita or neet.
I know I have big brass ones sometimes, but geez....

As far as personal information in the bios, I think people sometimes put TOO much information there. The internet is not the safest place to be telling too much about yourself.
I agree. I belonged to a site once before, and we gave out alot of personal info. I had several PMs and e-mails from people I didn't know, but saw my info and wanted to "get to know me better".I won't give out that much again.

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nat, if you don't know that Nita is a woman, you are in deep dodo..........since you call her mum.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by crittermom

I agree. I belonged to a site once before, and we gave out alot of personal info. I had several PMs and e-mails from people I didn't know, but saw my info and wanted to "get to know me better".I won't give out that much again.
I have your address....muuuuuuuuuhahahahha

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by crittermom

Nat, if you don't know that Nita is a woman, you are in deep dodo..........since you call her mum.
Nah, I was laughing because of how ridiculous it is! Of course she is a woman!! Its not hard IMO to determine if members are men or women..you just gotta PAY ATTENTION!

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Nah, I was laughing because of how ridiculous it is! Of course she is a woman!! Its not hard IMO to determine if members are men or women..you just gotta PAY ATTENTION!
ahhhhhhhhh yep!!!!