A story to warm your heart

tam

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I mentioned in the other thread I made that there was a backstory on the newest litter of kittens I have and I'd tell you about, I think I'll take the time to do that now.

Well we had 4 MORE on Monday and the back story on these babies will warm you, and if not then something is wrong with you.

I was out yesterday when my oldest son called me, he is 18, and said that Dilana was having her babies and she was very confused and didn't know what to do, what did HE need to do to help her. I talked him thru that one, and my youngest son who is 13 was trying to catch Mom, because she was horrified that something was flying out of her and she had NO idea what was going on. If you know the Persian Breed, they aren't exactly brilliantly smart cats, not when it comes to this sort of thing... and having babies, especially first litters, is like some horror movie to them.

So on with my story. My son owns Mom, Dilana, and he is so great to her. He got her, made her a bed in the room where we do the birthing, and he stayed right by her until I got home. When I got home and went to relieve him, she kind of stressed a little, so he made me leave the room and he sat with her. The next baby was ready and once again, she was horrified, he called me and by the time I got in there, he had helped her deliver the next baby. Keep in mind this is a 13 yr old BOY. He never got sick, never waivered and never left her side not even for a second. Dinner time came and he said he'd eat later, he had to help his cat.

That child sat there with that cat the entire time she was having them, he asked me if he could be the one with her, so I let him, but I stayed very close, just out of eye sight. I had to go in with them and I helped him cut the cords on them, he held them while I tied them off, never taking the other hand off his baby, Dilana. She had 4 babies, and not one time did that child leave her side. The two of them are so very close and have always been, and you have to know Dilana, she has nothing to do with NO one but my son, NO ONE. She runs like we are going to kill her if we come near her, she heads straight for HIS bedroom. We call her our little psycho. I believe cats choose their owners and she chose hers, and it is my son.

Without further delays, look what my 13 yr old son helped to bring into this world, literally!!

Here is Dilana:

I don't think I have ever been so proud of anyone in my life as I am of this child of mine. So I am sorry this is a long post, but I felt it an important one to tell. To let everyone know, not ALL teenage boys are bad kids, some of them are pretty upstanding and charming boys. nd I am so very fortunate to have TWO of them.

This child is what some call a testy child, problem child, whatever term they choose to put on him. He has Asthma really bad and the meds they put him on sometimes make him bounce off the walls, so he can be quite the handful if you don't know. He has the biggest and warmest heart of any child I have ever met though, if you just take the time to get next to him and understand it's his meds, not HIM.

And before you ask, his Asthma THANKFULLY isn't triggered by Cat Dander, thankfully.

anakat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He did really well.

I have a teenage grandson with asthma, when he was younger he desribed the feeling that steroids give, as making him go fizzy

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tam

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Anakat

He did really well.

I have a teenage grandson with asthma, when he was younger he desribed the feeling that steroids give, as making him go fizzy
My son uses the word fuzzy headed. lol I have it too, but not so bad I have to be on meds all the time like he does. I was on them once and I tell ya, from then on, I got REALLY good at being patient with him. He was diagnosed before he was 6 weeks old, so this is the only life he knows. And for the first 5 years of his little life, he was ona breathing machine every 4 hours, around the clock. Now, thankfully it's pretty much seasonal and just when he over exerts himself, or he gets stressed out.

Up to this point, he couldn't even clean the litter box, it would make him sick and he'd fight me on it and I'd end up doing it. And I think this was an excellent learning experience for him. He's part of my Cat Business and he does way more than his share. Each one of my kids has a job, and when the kittens sell, they get the price of one kitten minus expenses and they can do with it what they wish. It teaches them for their futures and I think they need it.

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You must be so proud, your son sounds amazing!
Thank you for sharing that!

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You've got a very special son there

My son grew up with cats/kittens from the time he was born. He even got to witness the birth of a few litters. One of the litters was born the morning he had to go to school. He wanted so bad to watch them being born, and at least got to see one

He thought it was gonna be messy/gross but it wasnt and he wanted to stay home for the rest

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You definately have a son to be proud of. And congrats on the new kitties they are sweet.

tam

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

You've got a very special son there

My son grew up with cats/kittens from the time he was born. He even got to witness the birth of a few litters. One of the litters was born the morning he had to go to school. He wanted so bad to watch them being born, and at least got to see one

He thought it was gonna be messy/gross but it wasnt and he wanted to stay home for the rest
All of my kids have always been around animals.. it's great and important for them, it teaches them so much about life, in my opinion. My youngest daughter helped with the last litter that was born two weeks ago, I thought sure she'd get sick, but she didn't. She is only 9. lol

Thanks Bella and Trouts Mom, she was such a find to me and my family, we bought her and her brother from the same litter and they are the most awesome cats.

xulili

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
WOO go him!
It's so nice to hear about the good things kids do instead of the bad all the time.

Give him a big pat on the back from everyone over here.

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Very heart warming story-indeed!!

Those boys(13 y/o espically) deserves a big pat on the back and hug!!

Its so nice to hear younger kids treating animals this way~instead of all the bad stuff you usually hear about.

tam

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you, they are pretty special kids. I live out in the county where I am and people are forever dropping off animals out here, I can't tell you how many times they have come home to get me and my car to go and rescue some poor animal that's been dropped off here, and each time, THEY are who does most of the nursing back to health, and they do it because they want to and beg to. In most cases, we can get them back to health and find them good homes, but if we can't then they stay here with me. I have 4 cats outside that are rescues and 4 dogs.....

This is one of the drawbacks of living here, but someone has to take care of them.