Diego is losing his appetite

diego

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Diego isn't eating very much at the moment, I think its either from the shot he was given by the vet or the antibiotics he is on. Before the meds he was eating his normal daily amount, wanting extra and he was drinking plenty of water. Now im lucky if he eats 1/2 the amount of food and drinks 1/10th the amount of water.
He has no problems consuming the meds or having the eye drops infact he is very relaxed about it.

I am only used to dealing with your average x bred moggy, either store bought (back in those days petshops werent as bad as they are now), found in the paper or adopted from the SPCA and I've never had any problems, just take them to the vet for their vax and have them fixed and thats it, no more trips to the vet apart from the occassional problem. But nothing like this.

Should I be concerned? Diego needs to be on the meds for another 9 days, so I dont want him to lose his appetite. Goodness only knows what king of feeding schedule he was on at the petshop.
I really
my wee Diego

any suggestions?

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
doesn't he have a URI? try heating up his food - cats won't eat things they can't smell. or adding some extra-smelly food, something fish-based?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

diego

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

doesn't he have a URI?
Yea he does, I just thought it was quite a coincidence taht up until he visits the vet, he was eating like a pig, then the day after his vet visit, he's not so interested.

Will try heating his food though, thanks for your reply

diego

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well Diego finished his meds a few days ago, he is drinking plenty of water again but he isn't eating much at all, its taking him a little more than 2 days to eat 1 days worth of food
I'm getting quite concerned.

jean44

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have you called the vet? He may need another round of antibiotics to clear up the URI.

I hope Diego feels better and starts eating soon! Hugs and healing thoughts to him.

diego

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jean44

Have you called the vet? He may need another round of antibiotics to clear up the URI.

I hope Diego feels better and starts eating soon! Hugs and healing thoughts to him.
No, coz he had a HUGE appetite before he was put on the meds, he would eat all of his own food then kick Neko out the way so he could eat his food.
He's not showing any signs of still being sick. But I'll give him another day or 2 see what happens.

katkisses

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Antibiotics tend to upset there tummy, I bet $100 that he is nauseus (sp?) from the antibiotics, call the vet, and ask for something to sooth diego's tummy...

heavenangels

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
RI the littlest stop on the map..........
Sorry to hear Diego still isn't feeling well . You need to call the vet and at least talk to someone there and let them know what is going on .
Like Katkisses said maybe he is sick to his tummy how is everything else at the other end is he having trouble using the litter box ?

Hope he feels better soon