Im freakin out something is wrong with my ear... Dont look if you are easily grossed!

trixie23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Im freaking out. I took a nap after work yesterday and when i woke up my ear was hurting a little, when I went to look in the mirror it almost look like I had a crazy amount of hairspray buildup in one spot, I tried washing it off and nothing happend. I wasnt even sleeping on that side of my head. Well this morning I woke up and it is much worse. the pic doesnt even begin to show but it was the best I can do... It looks like a nasty boogie on my ear and its bumpy. Im going to try to get into the doctor today but dont think Ill be able to because I have to take my mom in for surgery today (have to be at the hospital by 2pm). I have never seen this before. I will add that on my tragus piercing (the inner cartilage one) I have a keloid and have had a hard time with it healing... So now that ear is double gross... Please some words of comfort... Now my cat is vommiting.... This is going to be a very bad day

Here is my ugly ear:

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k8...3/untitled.jpg

Sorry I couldnt post the image something is up with that feature on this site right now.

snosrap5

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ouch, that looks painful! It's really infected too. The crusty stuff is puss.

If you can't get in to the doc's today, you might want to get some neosporin to see if that would help.

Lots of healing {{{vibes}}}!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

trixie23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know but I want to know how it got infected. There was no piercing there, no kittie bites, no bug bite (I dont think), and no blunt trauma to me ear. It just appeared after a 2 hour nap and I wasnt even laying on that side of my head. Im totally freaking, i wish I had a better pic because that one does not do it any justice. I hope I can get in the doc today, or maybe when my mom is in surgery i could run down to the er or ask someone for help...???

trixie23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thats what I dont understand, there is no wound and it isnt slimey pussy it just hurts, my ear is kind of swollen (and permanently red), and it is bumpy and dry but looks like that. I thought maybe i broke my cartilage but wouldnt I have felt that? Im gonna cry because I cant figure it out.

trixie23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is what I thought... I curled my hair on monday and I didnt burn myself... Other than that, I havent used a blow dryer, straightner, or a flat iron. Ive had those burns before (was a hairstylist) and none like that... Plus nothing showed up until around 10pm last night... It didnt hurt or look funky at all the day before or even yesterday.

trixie23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Would have to be by a bug, because my kitties didnt bite me. We do have a bug problem at our apartment (I was napping on the living room couch). We get spiders, silverfish, centipedes, etc... I have a doc appointment at 10:15 I hope they can help me. This is really bad, Ive never had an infection like this before... My ear feels like it is on fire... Sorry for the gross pics but that is not right at all.

trixie23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No... I can deal with the pain, I just cant deal with how it looks. I took a shower and it got bigger... Ewww what if a bug imbedded onto the side of my ear? When it started it only looked crusty tho so i dont think that is the case... Ewww I hope not... Im ready to go to the doc now. In 2 hours and 45 minutes I get to go. Thanks for talkin to me, you are keepin me sane... I hate having things happen which there is no explanation for...

trixie23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I will... I have the worst luck with my health... I hope they can give me something for it...

trixie23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks I have bad luck with docs... I hope she can figure this out...

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That does look icky and sooo painful! I'm sure it's something they can easily treat. It looks like an infection from some kind of bite to me. I'm sure they can give some kind of either topical or oral antibiotic. When I got bit by a spider (on my face!) last year all my glands on that side of my face and neck were swollen and what not. My DR gave me just an oral antibiotic, but since you've got a pussy looking wound I'm wondering if they won't go for something topical too. Let us know how it goes! I hope they get it feeling better for you real quick like!

trixie23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Indeed it hurts but its not too bad... Im pretty tolerant of pain... Tattoos hurt worse. It is nasty Im wearing my hair down just so people wont stare. I hope it is just the result of a bite and an easy fix

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow that is nasty. Does the stuff have an odor to it? Usually puss has a fowl odor. It is an odd spot for an infection. If it was me, I would have pulled the puss stuff off to find out what's underneath it & apply cortisone.

Good Luck at the doctors.