Debate over suitcase! :D

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well... My "friend"
In Australia and I have been debating over my suitcase! just a few weeks ago I bought 3 pairs of shoes (I have this shoe addiction) I don't know what to take with me, as I will be there for a month and it will be the end of winter.

The problem is though, that I have 7 pairs of shoes that I want to take with me! 3 black pumps, 1 white pumps, My boots, my runners, and my pirate ballerina shoes.

I will be attending atleast 4, 21st birthday parties, and a few other parties.

I am unfortunately on a tight budget in Australia so I wont be able to scrap them all off and buy new ones (although i would very muchly love to!)

I am flying out in a little less than two months, but because im going away for so long, I dont know what to do!

Any advice???

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
hmm yea. take one pair of dress shoes, and one pair of everyday shoes
sorry i am guy lol

err i guess that does not help

muttigreemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd only take two pairs too...

but you probably shouldn't go by me. I love shoes, but can't find them in my size... so I'd probably only own 2 pairs to begin with

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

hmm yea. take one pair of dress shoes, and one pair of everyday shoes
sorry i am guy lol

err i guess that does not help
errr. good one! hahaha! Well I promised him that I would Only take 4! or even 3 but its so so hard to decide!

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Fran i wouldn't take all of those
I love my shoes as well but i wouldn't be taking that many

Remember theres a weight limit on your luggage, so make sure you weigh your case with everything in before you leave, otherwise it's pay a hefty excess baggage or dumping some stuff

I'd take 2 pairs of heels and a pair of pumps or trainers.

Will it be too cool to wear flip flips when you go because i've just bought some lovey silver and bamboo ones for my holidays

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

Fran i wouldn't take all of those
I love my shoes as well but i wouldn't be taking that many

Remember theres a weight limit on your luggage, so make sure you weigh your case with everything in before you leave, otherwise it's pay a hefty excess baggage or dumping some stuff

I'd take 2 pairs of heels and a pair of pumps or trainers.

Will it be too cool to wear flip flips when you go because i've just bought some lovey silver and bamboo ones for my holidays
Nah will be too cold, but i dont wear flip flops anyway!

Im flying with Emirates and i have a 30 kg luggage limit. But I dont want to take too much with me because i know i will come back with two suitcases again!
actually im kinda smart, you can take a 10 kg hand luggage with you, so im shoving most of my things in there.

My friend just moved back home to Australia and Qantas lost her suitcase

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Black goes with anything, so pick one black pair of shoes. I would also take the boots and the running shoes...but I would wear one and pack the other. So a total of 3 pair including what I was wearing on my feet.

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
When i went to Brissy for my 21st i took thongs and runners
but it was summer and informal

i'm SO helpful

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would wear the bulkiest shoes (the runners?) on the plane so you have more room in the suitcase. Bring boots, one pair of black pumps and the ballerina ones for sure.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
wear comfy shoes on the plane - it's a long flight, & you'll have to do a lot of walking in the airports. pack a pair of black dress shoes, & the boots if they don't put you overweight. the ballerinas probably don't weigh that much - maybe put them in your carry-on so you'll have a change with you in case your bag goes astray? i always try to have a change of shoes & undies, plus meds, etc. in my carry-on just in case.
i've been traveling by plane for 40+ years, & they've only lost my bag once - & they did find it later. but you never know...

sweets

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by fwan

Well... My "friend"
In Australia and I have been debating over my suitcase! just a few weeks ago I bought 3 pairs of shoes (I have this shoe addiction) I don't know what to take with me, as I will be there for a month and it will be the end of winter.

The problem is though, that I have 7 pairs of shoes that I want to take with me! 3 black pumps, 1 white pumps, My boots, my runners, and my pirate ballerina shoes. ...
I never plan my shoes till I plan the wardrobe for the trip. Then I cut down the wardrobe to exactly what I need to take. I generally plan 3 outfits per day, then cut it down to 1 or 2 and decide on which shoes to bring.

After looking at what you plan to bring in clothing, bring 1 black pump, 1 white pump, wear the trainers and put the ballet slippers in your carryon.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

wear comfy shoes on the plane - it's a long flight, & you'll have to do a lot of walking in the airports. pack a pair of black dress shoes, & the boots if they don't put you overweight. the ballerinas probably don't weigh that much - maybe put them in your carry-on so you'll have a change with you in case your bag goes astray? i always try to have a change of shoes & undies, plus meds, etc. in my carry-on just in case.
i've been traveling by plane for 40+ years, & they've only lost my bag once - & they did find it later. but you never know...
I've been travelling on planes since i was 10 months old
So I am used to packing and stuff Ive been really good in the last few trips, Just this one is so long that i cant decide!!

Actually Dubai and Singapore airports arent bad to walk in, doesnt even take one minute to get to the next gate.

The bulkiest shoes i have are my boots, I dont know why, but my runners are light weight, I do plan on chucking them out when i get there and just buy new ones!

Today i went and bought 3 new jumpers all on sale and a jacket!!
I just expanded my collection for my suitcase

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Me too! I'm trying to imagine a pirate ballerina... what, does she have a swan on her shoulder instead of a parrot?