Great News! Norris will get to be our "pet of the week" soon!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have some great news i've been meaning to share with everyone!
After talking with my boss recently- she told me that my beautiful foster dog,Norris will get to be our "pet of the week" soon for one of our local radio stations!!!!
Last week was our first time having a "pet of the week" for a designated radio station in our area and we had such a great success with it!! One of our beautiful black labs who had been there for months, Craig got a home!

So keep your fingers crossed that when it's Norris' turn to be "pet of the week" he will find that perfect forever home quickly!!
My boss said she is going to write a lovely little story about him for the phone/radio interview and we are also going to screen VERY well for potential adoptors. I will also write a little detailed note to attach to his file with information about him like his favorite foods, toys, etc.

I am soo thrilled that this little guy is going to have such a good opportunity to get great publicity soon! What a blessing!
He is soo adoptable too so i have no doubt he'll get a good home!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That's fantastic!!!!! I'm sure he'll find an awesome home with the help of the radio station
And given Whiskey getting upset previously with him, it's probably for him to go to a home where he feels safe and happy as well

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I thought you were going to adopt him Nikki?
I am sending him find his forever home soon vibes.

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It will be too bad if you can't keep him, but I hope that this will provide him with a wonderful opportuntiy for a loving and caring family.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm sure someone will fall in love with him! lots of adoption vibes for Norris {{{{}}}}

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's wonderful Nikki! That should definitely help him find a good forever home!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A potential adoptor

He isn't dog of the week yet (it'll probably be a few more weeks as there are some other dogs we think should air first)
BUT Last night at work one of Colin's friends mentioned that his family were looking into adopting a dog- so Colin told him about Norris and what a good doggie he is! So keep your fingers crossed- this coworker of his may be comming to look at Norris sometime!

fostermomm

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

A potential adoptor

He isn't dog of the week yet (it'll probably be a few more weeks as there are some other dogs we think should air first)
BUT Last night at work one of Colin's friends mentioned that his family were looking into adopting a dog- so Colin told him about Norris and what a good doggie he is! So keep your fingers crossed- this coworker of his may be comming to look at Norris sometime!
Thats great news! I always like for my babies to go to people I know in some way or another. That way I can be sure to know whats going on with them. I hope they adopt Norris!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Fostermomm

Thats great news! I always like for my babies to go to people I know in some way or another. That way I can be sure to know whats going on with them. I hope they adopt Norris!
I hope so too! They were origionally talking about adopting a puppy that was part of a police call this week (LONG STORY!) but we're trying to encourage them to adopt Norris instead (as puppies always go quickly!). We'll see!
I did tell Colin that if after we've tried a few adoptors and he's been "dog of the week" and he has still not found a home- we are keeping him.

Till then though i realize he's sooo adoptable and would love for him to have the opportunity to find a forever home.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SwampWitch

Anyone who adopts a three-legged dog is going to be able to see past the physical to what a sweet soul he is, and that will be a good person.
I agree... how could anyone look at what Norris has been through and not feel absolutely committed to giving him the most loving, joyful life he can possibly have from now on?
Nikki, you've got to make joining TCS a condition of adoption, so we can all stay in touch with our friend Norris!