Its hard to read

rockcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I mean this with the utmost respect... so, please don't take offense if you think I mean you.

Please, if we could all break up our posts into paragraphs, I would greatly appreciate it. I have these 47 year old eyes and if there are big blocks of words, they all run together and it is hard to read.

I end up skipping posts for that reason. Many times I know that the person posting is intelligent and has something valuable to say, so I'm missing out.

Thank you!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree

Sometimes its hard to read when its a long post & all mushed together... even my 23 year old eyes can't handle it!

I feel bad skipping posts, especially when someone has put in a lot of thought & time typing it up!

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG I am not alone! I just posted that elsewhere!!!!
Please for our eyes and so we can actually read what you post, use paragraphs!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rockcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Crazyforinfo

OMG I am not alone! I just posted that elsewhere!!!!
Please for our eyes and so we can actually read what you post, use paragraphs!
Oops - sorry, didn't see that!

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

I agree

Sometimes its hard to read when its a long post & all mushed together... even my 23 year old eyes can't handle it!

I feel bad skipping posts, especially when someone has put in a lot of thought & time typing it up!
I do skip them when they hurt my peepers

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
THANK YOU!!!! I was thinking the same thing, especially when they post in one long paragraph - so I just skip them!

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Another one here who's eyes hurt

I'm on the pc from 8.30.a.m with a few short breaks and it's now 9.10.p.m, so when theres a massive post all clumped together my eyes get more tired

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I too skip them, I just can't follow the post if there is no paragraphs in a long post. My 26 year old peepers can't cope with them.

Since we are talking about posts being hard to read, I also find it hard to read some colours that people use, the colours may work on some skins but not on all. The default changes according to the skin and is much easier to read

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
These 38 year-old eyes also slip over those posts. There is just too much mashed together to read.

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

I too skip them, I just can't follow the post if there is no paragraphs in a long post. My 26 year old peepers can't cope with them.

Since we are talking about posts being hard to read, I also find it hard to read some colours that people use, the colours may work on some skins but not on all. The default changes according to the skin and is much easier to read
Yea(
I just did that.)
The flashing avatars & signatures are really disturbing too. I am really sorry but they just trigger Aura's for me & I have to skip those posts.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise

Yes, yes, yes! But my peepers are 24 years older than yours, Eithne, so figure double the trouble, despite graduated lenses!

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I skip any that are run on sentences.Not out of being cruel, but because after the first line---I can't take it anymore.And so I don't say anything cruel, I won't post.Even if the post is something sad, I can't get past the first line.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I teach English (my mother tongue) as a foreign language, so I can be a bit picky, particularly since I live in a non-English-speaking country, and have to mind my ps and qs. Why not send PMs to members whose posts are difficult to wade through, politely suggesting that they paragraph, and use a spell checker, so that their posts aren't simply skipped over? I've received some pretty positive responses to such gentle reminders.

Some people simply suffer from dyslexia, and aren't being "lazy"; it would make a big difference if other members offered to review/correct their posts.

mybabyphx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jcat

Some people simply suffer from dyslexia, and aren't being "lazy"; it would make a big difference if other members offered to review/correct their posts.
I would gladly help people out (even though my typing isn't PERFECT). I have a lot of free time on my hands, and love helping people.

What do you expect them to do though? Type every response to me, I correct it, send it back to them, and THEN they post it?

Maybe I'm being blonde but I don't see how that would work.

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I sometimes feel like I over-paragraph just for this reason. I know how difficult they are for me to read (I still read them, though) so I try to break it up.

I think some people may not know this - glad you brought it up

mybabyphx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you think that this thread will actually 'change' the way people write?
I don't think they care, or they just don't realize it.

I will admit, I have probably put a post like that before on here (maybe even twice
). After you TRY to read someone else's post, and it just doesn't work, you give up. Since I have realized this, I have been more careful to make it easier to read MY posts!