List your freebies!

tortiebaby

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Ok, as you all know, earlier I made a post with a list of freebies and sent alot of people a list of companies to email. Well, I thought it would be fun to start a thread where we could show pics(or just write a list) of all the stuff we get! I have wrote most of the companies many months ago so I'll post a couple pics of the stuff I got that was really good(sorry, I didn't tak pics of everything). Most of the stuff was for dogs, but that's ok.
Also, I just wrote about 10 other companies last week(I think on Thursday or Friday) and so in the next cople days I'll be getting more stuff(yippee)!

Anyways, here's pics of some of the stuff I have gotten:

Zuke's

Wellness

Nature's Logic

Natural Balance

Etta Says!

Castor and Pollux

Triumph/Evolve

This is just a few of my "samples" I have pics of and I'm sure I'll be updating soon. Post your pics/lists and let us all know what you get.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
where did you go to get this stuff??

beandip

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

where did you go to get this stuff??
I'll wait for her answer...but I think she just asked very nicely.

I wrote to Wellness and all I got was a little bag of CORE. But then again, that's all I asked for.
Silly me.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tortiebaby

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I wrote the individual companies, that's how I got the stuff. I wrote the companies back in February, so I'm sure that by now they are probably sending out different stuff. I had a puppy(I had to rehome him cause he was a pit bull mix and I found out later that it is illegal to own pit bulls here
) and so I wanted to try different foods and treats for him. Sooooooo....I wrote different dog food/treat companies asking for samples. I also mentioned that I had 3 cats(if the company also made cat stuff) so they sent me lots of dog and cat stuff to try for free.

liza24

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
what about adding a link to places that give away freebies??

tortiebaby

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
If you look at my other thread("free stuff") you will see a couple links. However, if you would like a full list of company email address, feel free to PM me(you must have at least 25 posts).

Or you can just google "cat food" or something and write each individual company, it's not difficult, that's what I did.

tortiebaby

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
So...has anyone else gotten anything? For those of you who wrote the different companies, you should start getting stuff within 3 business days.

liza24

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i have!!!

i got coupons fro Eagle Pack, and Newmans Own, and got samples from Triumph.

artgecko

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I've gotten a ton of samples! What's so great about it, is that most of the companies I wrote to are the higher end and harder to find brands which I'd have to mail order or special order to get....so it's great to try the food without having to buy a whole bag/case and pay to ship it... This is also going to really contribute to making my new kittens less finicky.

Evolve sent me a lot of samples, as did C&P, and chicken soup (to name a few)...Also, WBCL sent me a coupon to try a free small bag. Unfortunately, Natural Balance only sent me coupons
Perhaps with the rising cost of shipping stuff they are cutting back on samples...

All I can say, is email as many companies as you can (those that you're interested in) ... I think I've gotten about a 40% return rate, just with the stuff I've gotten so far (and I only emailed folks last week). I've already found a couple of foods (from the samples) that I'll probably add to the cats' meal rotation. (perhaps my cats aren't so picky after all).

Art

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was so excited to find out that I had gotten three packages in the mail today!!! I should be receiving a bunch more in the next couple weeks. My cats went absolutely NUTS when I opened the packages... they really like what they smell which surprised me because I have a couple picky eaters.
Here is what I got today:

ZUKES

NATURE'S LOGIC

BREEDER'S CHOICE

tortiebaby

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Isn't Zuke's awesome?! Looks like you're going to have to start a "samples box". That's what I had to do cause there was so much stuff, lol!

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by TortieBaby

Isn't Zuke's awesome?! Looks like you're going to have to start a "samples box". That's what I had to do cause there was so much stuff, lol!
It is awesome, I swear the one bag of treats I opened made ME hungry... how bad does that sound?

I already have a big plastic box with a lid that I'm putting stuff in... keeps the kitties OUT!

buzbyjlc10

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
State College, PA and Haddon Township, NJ
Originally Posted by bnwalker2

It is awesome, I swear the one bag of treats I opened made ME hungry... how bad does that sound?
It doesn't sound all that bad! When I used to work at the animal hospital, the docs and techs would dare each other to sample different wet foods, hahaha.... of course this was on really slow days or like right before we closed... my boyfriend thinks I'm crazy when I tell him the stories, but seriously some of those wet dog foods look just like stew!

I've just started emailing companies - I'll post what I get when I get it!
So far the company that makes the simple solutions products has offered to send coupons cuz they don't have samples right now

tortiebaby

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well, I just got my "The Honest Kitchen" samples and boy do my cats love it! I'm considering buying a whole bucket of it and then starting them on B.A.R.F. I've always wanted to, but never had the finances to do so. Now that hubby has 2 jobs and I'll, hopefully, be starting dog grooming training soon, I should be able to squeeze it in my bank account.

buzbyjlc10

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
State College, PA and Haddon Township, NJ
I continued emailing places all today as I thought of more companies, haha.... almost all have replied that they'll send samples or at least coupons out right away.... one company (I think evolve, can't remember) even said they're sending out a bunch of samples and then to let them know what my animals like and they'll send coupons for that specific kind
LOOOOOOOOVING the free stuff!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I e-mailed Breeders Choice less than an hour ago & have already got an e-mail back asking if there was any particular food I was interested in!
There are a few of these canned foods I have been unavaliable to get unless I order an entire case that might work for Damita!

beandip

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

I e-mailed Breeders Choice less than an hour ago & have already got an e-mail back asking if there was any particular food I was interested in!
There are a few of these canned foods I have been unavaliable to get unless I order an entire case that might work for Damita!
We just got to try some Avoderm recently. The cats like it. They especially like those small cans.
...but it all went over well.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've gotten several e-mail already! Triumph/Evolve is gonna help me find a local retailer(there are none) or else help me find an online retailer.
I really hope that the samples are enough to "test run" some of their foods, I never order cases because I'm afraid I'll get a case & no one will eat it! As is the case with my 6 lb. bag of Felidae that no one....not one of the 6 housecats, 7 farm cats, 6 ferals/strays, or 2 foster kittens will eat!