Does anyone else have?

whosamyhercules

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
extremly lazy cats. I hear stories about others cats be rambunctious and stuff but mine arent like that. They are so mellow and lazy all they do is lay around except for the rare 5 minute episode where both of them run around the dining room table like 5 times and then go back to sleep. Maybe once in a blue moon Ill be able to get one to play and do something really cute and funny but normally they just lay around and sleep.

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have 1 lazy girl, but she's old, she used to be a wild child in her younger days.

mcat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Cats generally sleep a lot during the day. Mine do. Your cats probably romp while you're sleeping. My Josie romps on me during the night.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

whosamyhercules

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
They both sleep with me at night.....on my pillows...Sometimes I wish they were rambunctious and playful but then again Im also glad that they are lazy bums because Dave and I do a lot and sometimes we arent home for a while so its nice that they dont go nuts all the time....However after my mom got married on Friday and we came home at 3 am I swear they were in the girls playroom and destroyed it...They had toys alllll over the house.....

liza24

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
my Ragdoll ( sace) and Uno( birman) are L-A-Z-Y. They sleep all day, spend a few minutes at night walking around my ankles, then back to sleep!

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have one of each. Sassy is very lazy, although occasionally he will have a burst of energy and tear around the house a few times. He is now 15 years old and has slowed down quite a lot over the last couple of years.
Linus on the other hand goes, goes, goes, he is still pretty young though so I am sure he will eventually slow down a bit.
Linus was adopted from a shelter, and since at that time he was an unaltered male(he was neutered the day before I brought him home) he was keep in a cage all the time. They let the females out of their cages and didn't want any unwanted kittens. I figured he is so very active now because he is making up for lost time. He loves to run, play and just basically do everything cats are suppose to do only to extreme.
Sassy does play with hime a bit but Sassy is alpha cat and Linus know when to back off and leave him alone, plus Linus has a great time playing by himself.

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Alley was the epitome of laziness! She would get up about once a day and go outside, catch a mouse or bug, wander around the yard a few minutes then come back to bed

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cats are both very lazy, but every once in a while they go crazy and run back and forth across the house. I live in a pretty big house and its all one floor so they will start at one end and just run back and forth for a while. Sometimes they run really fast and then stop and they go sliding across the floor.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by WhosaMyHercules

extremly lazy cats. I hear stories about others cats be rambunctious and stuff but mine arent like that. They are so mellow and lazy all they do is lay around except for the rare 5 minute episode where both of them run around the dining room table like 5 times and then go back to sleep. Maybe once in a blue moon Ill be able to get one to play and do something really cute and funny but normally they just lay around and sleep.
The very first thought was what kind of cats do you have?? For instance, if you read the descriptions of Siamese and Persian cats, you will see quite the difference. Persi is an "observer", watching all. Alley is a sun worshipper. The truth is, most cats do normally just lay around and sleep. But some more than others. Use care, but try a laser pen and see what happens.
Persi & Alley both become active participants right away and have a great time seeing who can outdo each other in catching the laser rat. Such fun.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have ones that "tire easily".

Patches will chase after the string/toy, but eventually she plops down and plays on her back, barely moving.

Whitey will eventually tire out (after 30 minutes) and do the same thing.

Beauty will tap dance around for 2 seconds, lay down and play like a spazz...without hardly moving.

Luna is the only truely active cat. The others wear out to easily.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Lazy butts over here
they will sometimes have a moment or 2 of the morning crazies, but other than that

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kitty is so lazy he even lays down to play! I`m sure I get more exercise while playing with him. Once in a blue moon he will push the boat out and have a full blown spazz involving racing up and down the hall. And he is only 5!!!

Maisie is an oldlady but I swear she has more energy than Kit. Today I was watching a film with her (trying to anyway
) but she found the catnip mouse and was going mental! She was doing camakazie(sp) rolls, flying on and off the bed, hiding under the valance and attacking my hand. Theres life in the old bird yet!