Why do they sleep when you wake up??

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Stumpy was being a crazy cat this morning. Tearing all over the house doing her MOW MOW MOW thing, and bringing me lots of mousie presents.

As soon as I gave up and sat up in bed to use the laptop, she curled up next to my leg and purred herself to sleep.

Honestly...

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds like Trout...She woke me up by rifling through my garbage this morning like 10 minutes before my alarme went off

Then, when I was up and having my coffee at the computer..she nestles into my lap all cute and purring..then I have to make her get up in like 4 minutes

It is cute though

liza24

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
mine do the same!!!! they wake me up at 5, then once i am up, THEY go back to sleep,lil brats!!,lol

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't know, but I'll trade you the 2 holy terrors(Punky & PJ) for Stumpy! They are up every 2 hours or so playing, mostly cuz Paprika beats on them until they get up. Then when I wake up, they fall asleep!

Then again, there is nothing better than waking up to pile of warm sleeping kittens.
:

jenny1124

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Princess does this and it drives me nuts!!

Last night she would come in the bedroom at intervals and pounce on my feet and stick her face in my face, so I got up, put her in the hallway and shut the door ( I knew her food dish was still full and she still had water).
Out in the hallway she sat in front of the door and MOW MOW MOW!! for hours... *sigh*

So I finally got up and she wanted pets for a little bit and then curled up and is still sleeping here by the window....

Not sure why it was so important that I wake up... ?

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I suspect they're just rotating the watches -- Hey mom, we've been guarding the house all night... now it's your turn!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

I don't know, but I'll trade you the 2 holy terrors(Punky & PJ) for Stumpy!
It's a deal!!!!!! What's your address, I'll put her in today's mail

You know, I reckon Stumpy would LOVE Dorky Fish!!!!! He's just her kind of kitty

trixie23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine do not do that. My kitties act crazy in the morning and feel that if they are awake I should be too. They act crazy till I leave for work, and everytime I come home their little lazy butts are sleeping in the same spots (one on the couch and one on the condo)... I really wish they would let me sleep a bit. My kitties have long intervals at night when they sleep with me, not to mention their daytime sleeping extravaganza's (they last forever)... But come morning their steady and hyped for about 2 hours.

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been wondering the same as I stumble from bed each morning. I have tested this, too. No matter what time I pull the bed out, shut out the lights and lie down, they start playing. It can be 10 pm, midnight, 2 am. Doesn't matter. They will sleep so sweetly until that time. Then, in the morning, they are all cozy and snoozing as I walk out the door.

Who owns who?
(or is it whom?)

trixie23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by littleraven7726

It's hard work waking up your people.
LOL this is true. My fat cat literally screams in my face (nose to nose) until I wake up... I try to snooze it off for about 15 minutes but he wont have it, he nudges and yells. My bf gets so annoyed because he is so loud and unsweet about it (its his cat). All this for food and usually when I finally crawl out of bed to feed him there is still food in the bowl... Uh I think he should have been named Princess instead of Tiger... What a diva

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Why do they do that....because cats are contrary beasts and that is one of the reasons why we love them.

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I certainly would never have to worry about sleeping in because my two insist on waking me up by 7 every morning.
They don't want anything in particular except maybe a few minutes of attention before they settle down for their morning nap. Uusally in the spot I just vacated.
They have me well train as a bed warmer.

trixie23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh you are lucky... Mine wake me up anywhere between 4:30 -5:45 am! I dont start work until 8 am.... Stinkers!

aussie_dog

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

I suspect they're just rotating the watches -- Hey mom, we've been guarding the house all night... now it's your turn!
You know, I think you're on to something there...

Fortunately my kids let me sleep as late as I want, but if I fed Molly a little early the night before, she'll do her darn bestest to wake me up (mostly it was when I slept REALLY late [*cough*4pm*cough*], but lately she's been waking me up much earlier, like 10am (or *gasp* 7/8am). Can you tell I'm a sleepy slacker? Haha. But Molly will wake me up by poking me in the face if she sees my eyelids (meaning, I better keep my eyes OPEN unless I want to get stabbed in the cheek or eyeball). I'll try to trick her, keeping my eyes open (even though the sandman is pulling them down with ropes) and petting her, talking a little bit, then I'll discreetly close my eyes (while still talking and petting). It doesn't fool her, she immediately jumps up and taps my face again (it's weird because she doesn't even have to be looking at me to know my eyes are shut, lol). The only way I can escape her is to pull the blanket over my head. She'll try to "find" me, but she'll give up pretty quickly and will go find someone else to feed her (nobody will, so she'll return within the hour to try again). I love it, though, she's saved my butt a few times when I've had to get up early for something, lol

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

You know, I reckon Stumpy would LOVE Dorky Fish!!!!! He's just her kind of kitty
Ahhh....I am just picturing Stumpy & Dorky Fish together.
You know, he showed Damita all the ropes & took care of her for almost a year until she fully adjusted to her sight & the house.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
lol well since i work nights. It seems that heyu and now eazy both know my sched. in fact heyu tends to go get in bed around 11. and if i dont showup she will start to meow.

Normally when i get up, i get yelled out for getting up.

diego

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Neko was the same for me, I used to leave the bedroom door open at night and then every morning at 0430 he would moosh his face into mine
until I opened my eye, he would back away just til I closed it again and then he would start licking my face until I woke up to have a smoke, then the little brat would jump in his bed give a meow with a sinister grin on his face
and go back to sleep.

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We were woken up around 4:30 a.m. to 10 tiny kittens and a Spikers attacking random body parts and playing together and running across us. This continued for 2 hours until I got up... now of course they are all sleeping like little angels!