We just had the dumbest argument

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My fiance and I just had the dumbest argument last night. We are making plans to be wed in next year in touristy spot in northern Michigan: Traverse City.

We actually argued about how long it was going to take us to get there from where we live

He claims that its going to take us 6 hours to get there...but he's basing that timing off of driving to the otherside of the state and then how long it took him to get there from that side of the state. (So 3 hours to west Michigan, and 3 hours from West Michigan to North Michigan).

What irritated me the most is that my family and I use to vacation in the general area of T.C. every summer. I remember one year my mom specifically waking us at 4:00 am to drive up there and we got there by 8:00 am. He wasn't understanding that I lived on this side of the state all my life and have been up there PLENTY of times.

Oh and sure enough I Googled directions...google maps say that it was take 4 hours

jessy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Google forgot the snack break and the lunch break!

And if your fiance is driving extra time in case he gets lost as he doesn't know the area

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
True, I'm basing on the fact that I always left to avoid traffic by taking half days or leaving extra early (I just hate other drivers
). Knowing him he probably always left during the rush hours and on the way up here from this area you hit 2 traffic jams that will cost you an extra hour.

Still it I couldn't believe that we were actually arguing travel time
Is this what married life is like?!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by lunasmom

Nope this is what life while planning a wedding is like
My ex and i NEVER argued...until the six months before the wedding, we were at each others throats all the time about the silliest stuff

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

My ex and i NEVER argued...until the six months before the wedding, we were at each others throats all the time about the silliest stuff
Oh great! I like it BEFORE we started planning...that in between time of being engaged and not planning

crittergirl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
The stress will make you argue over dumb things but if you live with someone, you just tend to argue once a while, and it is usually over dumb things.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Yeah, and if you can make it to the wedding, then you know you're meant to be together forever!

DH and I never argue, but if we do it's generally about silly things as well, that we always end up a "Ha, I'm right!" and a "nyah nyah" with the tongue poking out.

fostermomm

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

Thats like my sister and her new fiancee. They have never ever been in a fight before. Now they are argueing about everything wedding related. He wants big, fancy and expensive. She wants small, simple and to do most of the decorations/flowers herself because it would be cheaper. I crack up listening to them two argue about stuff.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe I should just apply for the Bridezilla show right now.
Especially if he figures out how to take the duct tape off.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lunasmom

True, I'm basing on the fact that I always left to avoid traffic by taking half days or leaving extra early (I just hate other drivers
). Knowing him he probably always left during the rush hours and on the way up here from this area you hit 2 traffic jams that will cost you an extra hour.

Well, not really. Because you just say "OK", and don't worry about it until he has to say you are right. Because you always will be, it just takes them a while to figure it out.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

Well, not really. Because you just say "OK", and don't worry about it until he has to say you are right. Because you always will be, it just takes them a while to figure it out.
Oh no that rarely happens! He'll claim that it was him that said 4 hours and I was saying that it took 6. He does that because he knows it drives me nuts

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe he was adding in break stops, eating time, etc. - we always allow an extra hour or so for these things when traveling over 3-4 hrs to somewhere.

Next time instead of arguing, just find the answer in "black/white" or clarify why the person is thinking this way; e.g. should have asked him "are you counting eating/rest stops in your 6 hrs? Cause actual driving time would be about 4."

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If that is all you argue about, no probs!!! All things will work out in the end and if it does take 6 hours, just let him say I told you so...it makes men feel better

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

Maybe he was adding in break stops, eating time, etc. - we always allow an extra hour or so for these things when traveling over 3-4 hrs to somewhere.
Actually now that you bring it up the trip will probably take 6 hours. He has the bladder of a little girl.

Originally Posted by SwampWitch

Two words of advice: E and LOPE.
that doesn't sound half bad....