Fireworks!!

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I see that all the firework stands are going up!!
Is anyone else's? Or do you live somewhere that they get sold year round?? And also-are you a BIG firework fan??

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
yes, a lot of stands are up around here! we usually get fireworks at the last minute the ONLY thing I don't like about them is they stress out my rottie mix, Jenny.
so we don't light them at home.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't buy fireworks, but I see them fairly often from my living room window. I live near a popular venue for concerts and baseball games etc. And it's also where our Canada Day fireworks is hosted. So I get to see all of the fireworks displays without leaving home. I don't even need to get out of my computer chair, hehe

Abby gets scared though. Chynna isn't too bad. Her hair stands on end and her eyes get really big, but she doesn't run and hide like Abby does.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love getting fireworks. My work sells them and I get a 10% discount so I will probably get some for Canada Day.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Actual fireworks in my state are illegal, but we live 45 min from the Virginia boarder, so we have shows every night from now until July 4th. In fact, I saw a few on my way home from work tonight. I don't want to mess with them, so I'm happy with sparklers and popping things
DH LOVES them, so I'm sure we will be making a trip to VA soon to get some for the 4th.

muttigreemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know some fire works are illegal here... but no one seems to pay any attention to that

I love fireworks when they're in the right hands. When we lived at the apartment there used to be a group of drunk guys who would set of fireworks in the parking lot... they'd land on peoples' cars and leave burn marks on them and stuff. I don't like that...

... but a nice Grucci show... I'm all for that

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
The only things closest we can buy are sparklers/party poppers/capgun caps etc. You need a liscence to buy real fireworks. We have alot of idiots in our area (school kids) set them off in the middle of the street when everyone is asleep, it scares all the animals and wakes everyone up.

I though love watching fireworks for festivals/xmas etc

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The real fireworks are illegal in Oregon, so everyone drives over a bridge to Washington to buy them. I like the organized displays but hate them going off in my neighborhood for months. WHO are THOSE people who are still letting them off in August?
Invariably, there are news stories about someone getting hurt.
Seb gets really freaked out over them, poor guy.

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
fireworks have been going off here for days in the evening already. Thankfully, none of my pets care.
I personally haven't set them off in years, but I like to watch them.

pinkrhinos4

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catloverin_ks

I see that all the firework stands are going up!!
Is anyone else's? Or do you live somewhere that they get sold year round?? And also-are you a BIG firework fan??
What are the fireworks for? Over here we don't have Bonfire night until November?

silentnate

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by PinkRhinos4

What are the fireworks for? Over here we don't have Bonfire night until November?
Independence Day- a lot of Americans celebrate a new Will Smith movie coming out at the cinema

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by silentNate

Independence Day- a lot of Americans celebrate a new Will Smith movie coming out at the cinema

AND Canada Day (and for that you get no movie!).

The fireworks are set off from the park just a few minutes walk from where I live so we often stay home and watch them to make sure the kitties don't get too scared.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
People around here set them off for fun
It scares the heck out of me and Trout on a random Tuesday night..

I am not a huge fan of them..they are too noisy

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a fantastic view of the Canada Day Fireworks my home town sponsors every year. I just pull my chair over to the far side of my deck, put my feet up on the rail and enjoy.