Get well vibes for Little One...please!

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We were letting Little One out for a short time every few days. She is the only one that remembers being outside (all our cats were barn cats, but the rest were all bottle fed...Little one actually lived in the barn for 5 months). Weekend before last, she got away from me in the woods and came back limping a few hours later. We took her to the vet on Monday, and something bit her. No toxins (as in snake bite), but the vet put her on antibiotics and told us to clean out her wound with peroxide at night. We've been doing that, and she seemed to be getting better. Still eating, drinking and using the litter box, but sleeping alot, which I can understand. Tonight, we were cleaning the wound and it started bleeding a lot....here an entire hunk of skin came off when we were wiping it down for the peroxide! My MIL (who came down tonight) and DH are both more experienced with animals that I am and they say that is a good sign. That means the infection is out, and the body is starting to shed dead skin...but it really didn't look good to me. I can't call the vet until tomorrow morning. MIL brought down salve she uses on her barn cats when they get hurt, and wrapped it in gauze and taped it for the night. I know there are people who work in vet offices...is this good? No more puss is coming from the wounds.

Anyway, can I please have some get well vibes for my baby? I hate seeing her this way, and I know she hates feeling like this.

For the record: NONE of my cats are ever going outside again!!!!!

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Poor little thing. Sending lots of vibes that she gets better soon!

ryanjay

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
when Teddy and Charlie were alive they were best of friends but for some reason charlie woul bite teddy(most of the time they were fine and cleaning eachother) he got a couple REAL bad bites and after they started to heal/ooze out the skin would open up then fall off. looked horrible but it was good sign. I always got a antibiotic cream and a painkiller/anti lick cream to put on it along with peroxide water and at times a bath(a bit of baby shampoo mixed with warm water and lightly rinsed VERY WELL> Good luck with your baby

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ryanjay

when Teddy and Charlie were alive they were best of friends but for some reason charlie woul bite teddy(most of the time they were fine and cleaning eachother) he got a couple REAL bad bites and after they started to heal/ooze out the skin would open up then fall off. looked horrible but it was good sign. I always got a antibiotic cream and a painkiller/anti lick cream to put on it along with peroxide water and at times a bath(a bit of baby shampoo mixed with warm water and lightly rinsed VERY WELL> Good luck with your baby
Did you get the painkiller from the vet, or is it on the market? Because he didn't say anything about it. I know Little one is in pain, especially after tonight. I have to go to bed soon, but I will check this before I call the vet again tomorrow morning. I will pay for anything to help her get better but if there is something on the market that will ease the pain for her without paying vet prices that would be great!

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope everything is ok - how is she today? I will send vibes her way!

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sending healing light for your little one -- and thank you so much for making the decision to keep them all indoors from now on!

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by adymarie

I hope everything is ok - how is she today? I will send vibes her way!
She's doing better today. We changed her bandage (she was NOT happy!) and it looks like the swelling is really going down. I was suprised, she really didn't mess with her bandage last night, but tonight she hated it. Guess that means she is feeling better!

ryanjay

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
sorry bout delay. the painkiller/anti lick cream was from petsmart(was in the dog medical section but its for both cats/dogs its called biocaine if I remember correctly(has an anti lick in it which was perfect for the cat who kept biting him) it was under 10 bucks and in a dark blue bottle.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ryanjay

sorry bout delay. the painkiller/anti lick cream was from petsmart(was in the dog medical section but its for both cats/dogs its called biocaine if I remember correctly(has an anti lick in it which was perfect for the cat who kept biting him) it was under 10 bucks and in a dark blue bottle.
Thanks! I wish we had a petsmart around here..the nearest one is an hour away, but I'll check the pet stores around here tomorrow. If all else fails, the internet is a wonderful thing. Thanks for the info.