SmartPhones - preferences??

lady_tiger61

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hey all. I'm in the market for a new-fangled smartphone - you know, the super phone that has e-mail, internet, camera, and all that jazz.

i won't be getting the iPhone - so don't bother suggesting it. $500 - $600 is just too much to spend (i couldn't convince the hubby to spend that kind of money on a Dyson!!)

i've been looking at the BlackBerry, the Treo, the enV, and a handful of others.

i'm really just looking for something that i can get my e-mail and surf the web a bit. i'm not too big into music - so that's not a key selling point.

anyone have one the super smart phones?? if so, what do you have, what do you like about it, not like, how easy is it to use, how easy is it on the eyes when reading things -like TCS- on the screen??

any and all advice would be great!

thanks in advance

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Good luck! My dearly beloved Motorola V66i gave up the ghost last week, after over five years of excellent service. I have a prepaid account, and figured I'd just buy another cell phone without a contract, based on my students' recommendations (I teach at a junior college). My head is now spinning. I just want a tiny cell phone that I can send text messages, and make an occasional phone call with, and it has to be tri-band, so that I can use it in Europe and the U.S.. "This one is great for music, that one is great for photos, if you want to read/send emails, buy this one, and, and, and!"

I've just ordered a tiny discontinued Samsung model on line, that doesn't have a lot of confusing extras. Unfortunately, it has a digicam I won't use, as I already have two digicams, and is bright red, but it's reasonably priced.

mybabyphx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmmm. I guess I'm not much help as I just have a simple cell phone. I use the computer for internet, not a phone.

I'm going to watch this thread though, because I would love a phone with internet, pictures, etc all in one!

Good Luck! Let us know what you decide!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by mybabyphx

Hmmm. I guess I'm not much help as I just have a simple cell phone. I use the computer for internet, not a phone.

I'm going to watch this thread though, because I would love a phone with internet, pictures, etc all in one!

Good Luck! Let us know what you decide!
I'm interested in how much the whole shebang costs!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lady_tiger61

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So I broke down and got a BlackBerry 7130e. I did quite a bit of research and selected this one. Actually I'm writing this message on the BB! Is it faster? No. But does it suit my purposes? Heck yeah!!! The Internet is kinda weird, and it is a bit slow. But oh well.