Time for another 'Emma's recipe'!

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
I know that i have posted a few recipes and pictures of food, so i thought i'd share another. This is for pizza lovers, it's just the dough recipe atm, it is rising, and i'm not sure yet what i'm going to add. But this is VERY aromatic.

(for those who don't know HOW, i'll also add instructions)

2tsp sugar
1 1/4 cup warm water
1tbs dry yeast
1 cup plain flour
2 cups wheat flour
1tsp salt
3tbs olive oil

Sprinkle dry yeast over your water and sugar, mix till dissolved. Leave bowl in a warm place till it froths (the whole house is cold so i made the water a little warmer and place clingwrap over it to keep the heat in). This takes about 5 minutes to happen. Once frothing, mix in oil.

Combine 1.5 cups of wheat flour + all the plain flour + salt in a large bowl, + mix with yeast.

NOW this is the point before kneading when i've started mixing with a spoon that i ADD my special ingredients!!
Thyme
Parsley
Oregano
Chives
Paprika
Garlic salt

I didn't add a measured amount, just dash in what you want (it was probably 1tbs each)

Start kneading. The remaining 1/2 cup of wheat flour can be added when you're almost finished kneading, to get rid of any stickyness.

Wrap dough in oiled clingwrap (brush with oil/butter or use a spray so dough doesn't stick to wrap)+ put in warm place for an hour (again no warm place, i out the wrapped dough in a small bowl and placed it into a bigger bowl of warm water and covered). When the hour is up, knead out any air bubbles + proceed to roll out or cut your dough etc.

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love pizza base with herbs added to it - the lady that works in the cafe at my work makes her own pizza bases and they are SOOOO good. I always get the bacon and mushroom pizza and that on top of the herby bases, they are so yummy!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok i made a cheesy crust. Little strips of swiss around the outside then fold the edges over (spray or dab edges with oil so it doesn't burn quickly). I used tomato paste + a spinache/pine nut sauce and spread that on the bottom. Some fresh tomato sliced, onion sliced (into rings), 10 herb + garlic beef chipolatas sliced, then top with a sprinkle of grated parmesan and some thin strips of tasty. I'll post a pic when it's cooked

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That sounds yummy! I printed it out and will try it this weekend when I go shopping. I'll pick up some goats milk cheese (lactose intolerant here).

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Looks yummy!!! Do you reckon you could change the colour of the green text? It's really hard to read

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't read it unless I change my skin to night vision, which is hard on my eyes.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by crittermom

I can't read it unless I change my skin to night vision, which is hard on my eyes.
Actually, if you just highlight the text, as if you were going to copy it, you should be able to read it. I have the same problem.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
The green bits were unimportant, just comments i made

It's not as cheesy as it looks. Someone has to stop me, i need some left for tomorrow! lol

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dragoriana

The green bits were unimportant, just comments i made
The green bits aren't the problem. It's the white that does not show against the light coloured skins. Once one realizes that is what is going on, it's a simple enough matter to highlight the whole thing, which reveals the text. But it is confusing at first.