My Nine-Year Old Rescues Stuffed Cats

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She knows we can't adopt another kitty (we have three), but she has 9-10 cat stuffed animals. Most have been rescued from garage sales, some have been from "free" boxes by the street, and two of them she got from a bookstore, using her own money to "rescue" them.

One little grey stuffed cat (named "Cat") from a garage sale was very dirty and had a band-aid on its leg where the sticky glue had collected dirt. She didn't want me to put it in the washer because, "that would hurt it!" She loved that little stuffie up and now it's almost clean. I swear she wore the dirt off of it! And another had fur pushed into its eyes so she got her scissors and trimmed the fur so it could see.

Now I stick them in a pillow case when she gets them and wash them while she's at school.

Hmm... wonder if she's going to have cats when she's grown up?

kitytize

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's funny. My 9 year old also loves to collect stuffed cats. She perfers the smaller ones around the size of beenie babies. She currently has 10 but I make her give some stuff away once or twice a year.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It was weird because I didn't clue in at first. "Why do you want that old, dirty stuffed animal?" I'd ask her. And at the bookstore, "Another cat stuffie? Well, you'll have to use your money if you want it." etc. Finally I realized (or she said something, I don't remember) that there was a cat rescue going on!
Her latest one is named "Pickle."

Originally Posted by kitytize

That's funny. My 9 year old also loves to collect stuffed cats. She perfers the smaller ones around the size of beenie babies. She currently has 10 but I make her give some stuff away once or twice a year.
Looks like we are both doing something right.