Litter box success!!

andrea727

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well, yesterday morning Squishy climbed up the playpen wall and was about to jump out when I caught him and put him on the bed with my husband and I. We played with him for a bit, and all of the sudden I saw him shaking his paw. I look by my head and see a pool of kitten pee. Ewww...(It didn't get on me, thank God lol). So I figure at that time that it is time for them to start using litterbox.
We picked up some more litter (World's Best) and put it in a small box, and put it in the playpen with them. I took each of them individually and scratched their little paws in the litter. Then, when Mushy went in her litterbox, I put some of her clumped up pee in their litterbox. Later that night...

I was sitting in bed working on a paper for school, and I look over and see our no name grey girl just sitting in the box. Then I hear/see her digging... I look over and there was a little clump of pee litter. I can't tell you how excited I was. It' like looking at the potty and seeing poop when your kids first go... you get excited over a terd and though it seems silly to other people, it's the most wonderful thing in the world to us! Hahaha
I cleaned the box out this morning and there were a bunch of clumps, so I'm thinking that they are all getting the hang of it!!
Awesome.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Andrea727

Well, yesterday morning Squishy climbed up the playpen wall and was about to jump out when I caught him and put him on the bed with my husband and I. We played with him for a bit, and all of the sudden I saw him shaking his paw. I look by my head and see a pool of kitten pee. Ewww...(It didn't get on me, thank God lol). So I figure at that time that it is time for them to start using litterbox.
We picked up some more litter (World's Best) and put it in a small box, and put it in the playpen with them. I took each of them individually and scratched their little paws in the litter. Then, when Mushy went in her litterbox, I put some of her clumped up pee in their litterbox. Later that night...

I was sitting in bed working on a paper for school, and I look over and see our no name grey girl just sitting in the box. Then I hear/see her digging... I look over and there was a little clump of pee litter. I can't tell you how excited I was. It' like looking at the potty and seeing poop when your kids first go... you get excited over a terd and though it seems silly to other people, it's the most wonderful thing in the world to us! Hahaha
I cleaned the box out this morning and there were a bunch of clumps, so I'm thinking that they are all getting the hang of it!!
Awesome.
Isn't it amazing how such seemingly small events can be so profound? Congratulations, I know this is no small event for you!

keisha

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Wow thats pretty amazing! I would be jumping for joy!! How old are they now?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

andrea727

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It was the first time I introduced them to it...ever. They are going on 5 weeks Wednesday.

mickey14

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It is exciting isn't!! and only us cat people would understand the joy this brings!! Congrats!!

keisha

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
You are so lucky! Mine are 5 weeks old today and tomorrow, andd they will have nothing to do with the litterbox!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

andrea727

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
heh, I try and put them in there everytime I'm in the room with them. I was just surprised that they picked up on it so easily... They will actually be 6 weeks this coming wednesday, so they are at about 5 1/2 weeks now.