What do you like to cook or eat on hot days?

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today and tomorrow we are having some warm weather-even though I know there are members whose weather is much hotter. Its so hard to have something good to eat. I have to run some errands and going to grocery store-I'm picking up some stuff for salads, watermelon but Neil likes a hot meal for dinner. (just eat outside its will be hot!!)
What do you like to eat when its warm and humid (besides ice cream
)?

princess-pickle

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm a fan of barbecues, you can sit outside with a warm salad and chicken topped with a nice sauce!

roxie225

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Princess-Pickle

I'm a fan of barbecues, you can sit outside with a warm salad and chicken topped with a nice sauce!

Just the thought of anything on the BBQ is enough to make my mouth water!! It is super hot here today and although I live in an apartment we are having steaks cooked on our George Foreman Grill. I'll either make mashed potatos with that or chedder and broccoli rice... Yum!

kuntrykitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
What I eat on hot days is lots and lots and lots of fresh fruit, sometimes in a salad, sometimes whole with dips. We don't eat big at night at all, and paticularly not on hot days, not even at noon. But what's good is we barbeque steaks or ribs on the grill outside, with a nice cold potato salad, or tomato salad, and maybe some fresh, seasoned green beans in a nice italian dressing. Or grilling hotdogs or hamburgers are always nice... Toasted cheese sandwiches... Yummmm!

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
BBQ anything (ribs, burgers, steaks, pork, etc)
Cold salads (me = mainly pasta salad)
sandwiches

and SUSHI!!!!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bella713

BBQ or Take out
Anything on the grill works for us! I love burgers on the grill...or steaks... or brauts... okay, I love everything on the grill!

Take out is always great too because I don't have to cook

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cold salads and meats, as well as plenty of fruit.
Yesterday I made a ton of pasta salad, potato salad, and roasted a small turkey. So this week that is what I will be eating for dinner.
It is great when it's to hot to cook, everything is waiting in the fridge so you can eat when ever you feel like it.

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree with BBQs, and also crock pots are good if you want to keep the kitchen cool. I like quiches (baked in the toaster oven and served room temperataure) and on really hot days my favorite is New York flatbread with brie and fresh fruit.

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sandwiches, BBQ, pasta salad, anything fast and cool to make

pinkrhinos4

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm going to find it hard to answer this question as I live in good old England where we have mostly good old English weather, if you catch my drift

Anyway when we do get hot days, because we can get them it is very unusual though.. I usually have steak salad and chips or a light meal like salmon and pasta....

Hope that helps

darkeyedgirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hot days mean cold food....

Pasta salad is my fave... spinach salad also yummy!

Tuna salad, either on a sandwich or on a bed of lettuce.

Ice cream for the sweeter side, or good ol homemade milkshakes & smoothies.

Hot days also call for the grill to be fired up, but I don't go near it... my hubby is the King O' The Grill...

xulili

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Salads, bbq anything, sandwiches, mexican food I can make a lot ahead of time and zap as needed... lot's of cold foods like gepacco(sp), tarts, Good olde hot dogs, and of course takeout!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Did I mention Neil doesn't like most types of pasta (esp cold)!! I made a casserole for tonite and tomorrow its chef's salads!!

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Grilled food, potato salad, fresh fruit, ice tea