Question of the day: 6-25-2007

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Who do you take after in your family? Do you take after your mom, dad, grandparents, brother/sister? Looks & personality wise.

For me... I'm TOLD that I look just like my dad (never met him
) But personality & some in my looks, I take after my Grandpa, we're the exact same with everything!
I love it & I wouldn't want it any other way!

What about you?

Happy Monday!!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Looks-wise I'm a combination of my Mom and Dad. Whenever I'm with one I'm told I look just like them!
I have my Grandma's hair color though!

Personality wise, I'm A LOT like my Mom's Mom, who I get the hair color from. That can be both a good thing and a bad thing being like my Grandma, but I wouldn't trade that for anything. She and I are close and she is just very special to me. The part of my personality that isn't like her is like my Grandpa, on the same side. I get my technical mind from both my Grandpa's. My creative mind comes from my Grandma C. My temper comes from both the Grandma's!

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My dad. My sisters doing our family tree and we met up with a couple of second cousins who she found, and even they said that not only did i look like my dad and his family members, but i also had mannerisms like them as well

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think I take after my Dad though someone just found a pic of Mom back in her 40s and it looks like me! My hair is graying early like Dad's side of the family, but I hope I get the longevity from Mom's side.

jamasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Looks wise I take after both mom and dad. As far as personality when I was younger, I let everything annoy me like my mom. Now that I'm older I am more laid back like dad!

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think I look more like my mom. But some people say I look more like my dad so I guess its pretty even. Neither can deny I am their child!
As for mannerisms I think I am more like my mom. We have the same sense of humor and most of the same interests and such.

silentnate

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I look like my Da when he was younger whilst have most of the same mannerisms and personality. Weird though it might seem my half-brother and I do not look alike but if you spend time with us our mannerisms are just like our Da and it is clear that we are related

mirinae

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's weird. Look-wise, I've taken after both parents at various stages of my life. There's a photograph of my paternal great-grandmother, taken when she was a very young girl (around four years of age) that could be me at the same age -- we had the same face, the same dark curls, even the same eyes. But now that I'm older, I very clearly resemble my mother, and my younger sister looks very much like me (so much so that a few years ago I was using her student ID card to get free transit
and when the bus drivers would look at her picture -- even looking at it closely -- they concluded the picture was of me). I still sort of resemble my father, but the resemblance between me and my mother is much more pronounced.

As for personality, I honestly don't take after any of my family members. My sense of humour is very different (darker and more sarcastic), and I'm just a very different person than they are. I guess, if anyone, I take after my mother the most, but not very much.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I look like my sister (we are twins haha!) I try not to act much like my mom-it would drive Neil nuts if I did. I think I have the lack of gray hair from my dad-he and mom have about the same size feel but I have smaller feet (hopefully like dad again).

april31

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well interesting enough I have been told that I look like my mom by many of people but...I am adoted so genetically thats not possible.

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My face is from my mom. I think my body shape is from one of her sisters. I don't know enough about my father's side to say. All I know is that the red hair comes from his father and brother. I don't want my personality to be like either parent
I hope I have my own.

The oldest of my brothers looks just like me. If I were a man, we would be twins.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

Who do you take after in your family? Do you take after your mom, dad, grandparents, brother/sister? Looks & personality wise.

For me... I'm TOLD that I look just like my dad (never met him
) But personality & some in my looks, I take after my Grandpa, we're the exact same with everything!
I love it & I wouldn't want it any other way!

What about you?

Happy Monday!!
I also never met my dad. I do have some pictures of him and DW tells me I look just like him. We also both served in the USN, so I would pick my father.

tnkittymom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Looks: I am always being told that I look just like my mom. I have Dad's dark hair and eyes (Mom has blond hair and green eyes), but Mom's facial features. I'm, also, taller than Mom and don't have her pale complexion.

Personality: I'm more like my Dad. He's laid back, easy to get along with, not judgemental, and a caring person who always puts everyone first. Mom tends to be an extreme materialistic and judges people on looks, clothes, etc. I'm not like that at all. I did get my love of animals from her, though. I'm like my late grandmother (passed away New Year's weekend..12/29/06) in that she was stubborn and very strong-willed. She was, also, opionated and not afraid to stand up for what she believed in. I'm like that, but I do consider myself open-minded and will always take in to consideration other's opinions.