the Daily Thread Monday 6-25

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Morning cat peeps!

Well, the weekend is over, back to the grind.

Stormy here last night,and cloudy still this morning. Lots of lightning and rain, but not as much wind as I expected. We needed the rain.

How about a holiday to put us in the Christmas spirit? It's Leon Day!

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
MOrning friends!

Its my moms birthday today!!
I hope she has a wonderful day...and I hope she gets my card in the mail too!

Well, not much goin on here today..should be sunny and like 31 degrees!!
I LOVE this weather!

I hope you all have a good one

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have hada BUSY weekend!! Saturday I worked then Lee had a race. He did very well and placed 1st!
Then Sunday I had a sprint triathalon I was competeing in with a partner (she did the running and cycling and I swan for her since she can't swim) and I think I did pretty good. I didn't drown!

We also so a bobcat in our yard. Yep a wild one. I think the lack of rain has brought it about in search for food and water. Poor thing.

But now its Monday and back to work. Yay. Not!

silentnate

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It may be back to work for some but as I worked the weekend its my day off today- and its payday too

I plan to catch up on the TV I missed, make my special tuna salad from fresh ingrediants, buy a new mouse for the puter, go shopping for food and possibly make a meal for Epona when she get home from work*

It is now two weeks since I had a cigarette

More rain today- I hope Newcastle is sunny as though I hate Rod Stewart I wouldn't want his fans disappointed.

*that latter may not happen as the pubs are open

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by silentNate

I hope Newcastle is sunny as though I hate Rod Stewart I wouldn't want his fans disappointed.
It's dry at the moment but it's like an autumn day it's so cold
Theres rain forecast for later though

Originally Posted by silentNate

*that latter may not happen as the pubs are open
Yes the Strawberry pub is opposite along with shearers bar, so that should warm them up a bit

silentnate

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

Yes the Strawberry pub is opposite along with shearers bar, so that should warm them up a bit
Is that pub owned by Shearer the footballer? I always thought he was one of Newcastles greatest footballers

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Poor Epona. Has to work all day and come home to your harassment. Least you could do is fix her a fine meal.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Starting to clear up after a rainy weekend. Yes, we actually had rain.

182.5 shopping days until Christmas?
Do I panic now?

It is now two weeks since I had a cigarette
WTG, Nate!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Morning kitty lovers!

Back to the grind after a lovely weekend! I was back home with John, spending the weekend with my family at the campground. We had gorgeous weather, spent the whole weekend on the boat with family and friends, it was so wonderful
I took about 100 photos as my little cousin who is only 2 was there... so I spent last ngiht uploading them.. now I'm tired!

Hope you all have a lovely day!

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Looks like it is going to be another nice day here. Sunny but not to hot. Up early this morning for my usual Monday morning laundry before work routine. Nothing exciting planned for today, just the same old hum-dum work day. Maybe I will live dangerously and grab a movie for tonight.
Have a good day everyone.

silentnate

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gemlady

WTG, Nate!
Thanks- I'm using the Nicorette inhalators which I think are brilliant, making my workplace non-smoking has also helped a lot

Originally Posted by neetanddave

Poor Epona. Has to work all day and come home to your harassment. Least you could do is fix her a fine meal.
Bought some luxury ready meals for Epona when she gets home- seeing as our new mouse should allow her to play her puter games whereas our old one had a sticky wheel I don't reckon she will mind

princess-pickle

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It's sunny here! (for once). I'll probably go in the garden with Pickle later.
(Yay! no work for the teens!!!
)
Wow...Rod Stewart hey! I enjoy listening to his music when I'm cooking!!!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by neetanddave

Morning cat peeps!
Hey Lady! Did you steal that from me or did I steal that from you!?!

Sooo...morning cat peeps!

It's kind of rainy here. We got a real heavy downpour in the night that woke me up. We need it though I think so no complaints.

Only 5 more days to go on the job! (Counting today) I just made the sign up sheet for our potluck lunch on Friday. I'm bringing cucumber salad and some kind of blueberry cake. I'm currently sucking down some instant coffee to try to stay awake. I can't believe how difficult it's been to do anything the last few weeks! I need a few nights of good sleep. Last night I kept having dreams I was arguing with my boss! Well, telling her off is more like it I think! I don't remember what it was about exactly, just that much.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Its gonna be a hot one for the next couple of days. Worked on Saturday and got another customer's check in the mail so my business account is looking pretty healthy at the moment-might have to do some retail therapy!!
Went to SIL's yesterday swimming in their pond and they grilled out for dinner last night. Finshed about 98% of weeking in veg garden excluding the really weedy asparagus but it got too warm to continue.
Gonna run some errands and I have a potential client to visit tonite but have to mapquest the address as his directions were a bit confusing.
Just going to try to stay cool as possible too.