Home From London

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The Cats are fine!! thank goodness!

The weekend was good, but it was just too short!!
our plane was delayed on friday evening, so we arrived late.

We landed at London City airport, we went accross with the ferry and my mate took me to a pub and met friends, I had a pint of Beer but it tasted horrible so i added coke in it, and every english person thought i was crazy!

Then we drove back to my friends place and had dinner, Pie and chips!! (you dont know how long ive been craving for a pie for!) then the brother of my friend took me to Tescos (the supermarket) at 11 pm in the evening and they were laughing at me because i was ohhh and ahhhing at the food products that we dont have in Germany (teehee) We then watched a film and like usual i fell asleep and lost the plot!

They then put me into bed and I woke up really early the next morning.

My friends went to get their haircut. at 9 am, after that i met some of their family by accident as we were in the same street, had Mc donalds for breakfast we then drove all around london, and we went to my old place where I used to live, They couldnt believe i still remembered the street i lived in and the main Road, i was giving them directions how to get to my house from a certain area!!!! Mind you I left London when i wasnt even 6 years old!

As we left the area after seeing my house, memories flowed back into my mind and i started crying in the car, I had no reason to but I just did, it was a very overwelming experience!! They then decided to spoil me and took me to a big shopping centre called Bluewater!

They ended up buying me shoes, and make up! and not the cheap kind either!!
:claps: They were even going to buy me a whole new outfit, but i didnt see anything that suited me so I was very dissapointed. They wanted me to get something very fancy so we could go out on saturday night and party (london women are all fussy and get overly dressed up, and they didnt want me to feel unconfortable) In the end we were all just so tired that we went into a nice cosy little pub that was accross the road from their mums place.

Yesterday their mum cooked me a real english dinner!! ROAST!yum yum yum yum.... and I just devoured it with all those yorkshire puddings and gravy! Yes I did feel like I was home!

I didnt get any pictures as I forgot my camera at home, but my friends promised me that they would take me there again! And that we would really have to Party.

It was great fun and I would honestly do it all over again

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by fwan

I had a pint of Beer but it tasted horrible so i added coke in it, and every english person thought i was crazy!
Not something that i would fancy Fran

Originally Posted by fwan

(london women are all fussy and get overly dressed up
Not just London women Fran, we dress up here as well in as much bling and high heels as poss

Pleased you had a lovely time though and theres nothing beats British food

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

Not something that i would fancy Fran

Not just London women Fran, we dress up here as well in as much bling and high heels as poss

I know I meant english women in general,Like i will get all dressed up to go clubbing, but not to a pub...
Oh well wasnt too bad, but i did feel a bit out of place as my clothes werent TOOO revealing

silentnate

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah- Bluewater and Yorkshire Pudding- the things that made England great

I had Yorkshire Pudding this weekend and its lovely with lashings of gravey

Coke in beer is weird

Glad you enjoyed your trip though I'm disappointed that you went to McDonalds rather than a proper cafe for a full English fry as it shows that you have been in Germany may too long

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by silentNate

Yeah- Bluewater and Yorkshire Pudding- the things that made England great

I had Yorkshire Pudding this weekend and its lovely with lashings of gravey

Coke in beer is weird

Glad you enjoyed your trip though I'm disappointed that you went to McDonalds rather than a proper cafe for a full English fry as it shows that you have been in Germany may too long
I only had a bacon and egg mc muffin, and we only went in there because the other cafes werent open!
plus because they went to the hairdressers we went to maccas so they could get changed!
I then had KFC for lunch too

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yumm Yorkshire pudding -that's something one isn't going to see in Wisconsin anytime soon!! Glad you had a good time and that the cats were ok by themselves.

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

I think Lois's husband would beg to differ, after some of the stuff he had when he was in Wales. Something weird on a pizza, I forget what....

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Mmmmmm roast with yorkshire puddings and gravy

My nan makes THE best yorkshire puddings. Whenever we go home, she also does a roast for us with all the trimmings

Glad you had a great time Fwan!!!!

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GailC

Yumm Yorkshire pudding -that's something one isn't going to see in Wisconsin anytime soon!! Glad you had a good time and that the cats were ok by themselves.
Why? Yorkshire pudd isn't that hard to make? Although I will admit that nothing beats Harrod's roast lunch!

Glad you had a great time Fran!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Glad you had a good time, Fran! But how could you mix cola and beer. I know it's a trend among your generation in Germany, but .....

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sounds like you had a great time!

Your post reminded me though, one of my business associate's daughter just moved to London from the States. She got a job there. They have her cat here during it's quarentine period and eventually her kitty will be in London with her. I'm going to send her a link to TCS. I figure with all you guys and gals who are from around there, she might need some advice and what not. Plus she's a cat lover!

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How exciting! Those weekend trips never last, do they?

Coke in beer? I've never heard of doing that. You probably would get some strange looks from people in the states too

That's really cool that you could remember where you lived. Last time Iwas in my hometown it took me a while (because things had changed SO MUCH) to figure it out. I eventually found it.

You're trip sounds awesome!!!

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds like a wonderful trip, and like they are great friends (and great friends are worth their weight in gold!)

Yum...love Yorkshire Pudding, I've been trying to make it as well as it tasted when I visited London as a teen.
Been trying a lot of years now!

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jcat

Glad you had a good time, Fran! But how could you mix cola and beer. I know it's a trend among your generation in Germany, but .....
Nah honestly, Licher cola beer is by far the best, making it your self at home isnt as great, the bottle stuff I can drink loads of!

Oh well not everyone has the same taste but COLA BEER ROCKS!!

Come on guys its just like a Shandy (lemonade and Beer) Whats the difference?

Yes these are really good friends, and they have helped me alot through everything in the past few months since ive met them, I'm making them roast with all the trimmings this weekend
as a thank you!

And youre all invited

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds like you had a great time. As for coke in beer - what the ,,,,?
ANd to Lois, and anyone else going to Wales, pizza is not exactly their national dish, so goodness knows what they do with it! There is good food there, if you choose right, as in any country.