Awww we have the sweetest pups!!!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I swear we have the best doggies!! Aww I just love them all to pieces! They're all soo sweet and affectionate! Ever since i came home tonight Fosters, Whiskey and Norris (our foster dog) have been bathing me in kisses and have been soooo lovely! They're being REALLY well behaved tonight too
We're soo lucky to have such great doggies!
(hehe i'm hoping Colin lets me keep Norris too- he's protesting soo far but i'm sure that can be worked out
). Anyone else have really affectionate doggies??

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww..nothing like doggie kisses
Snickers is very affectionate, and normally very well behaved, except when I come home from work and she thinks its her job as welcoming committee to knock me on my butt! I've finally got her trained to at least wait until I've put down my purse, groceries, etc before she tries to jump up. But, she will lay beside me on the couch with her head in my lap for hours and be as good as gold. Buttercup (the pug) can't jump that high, so she is just happy standing on her hind legs and scratching at my crotch until she gets my attention (and believe me...that GETS my attention! Really need to trim her toenails...ouch!!) Brooke, the newest isn't a jumper thank goodness. But, she was on the front porch when I was working in the yard, and I wondered how she was seeing over the railing. Here, she was standing in my flower pots! Poor marigolds and petunias crushed to death. But, she was just trying to see what I was doing, I guess.

How is Norris doing? I hope you get to keep him! I looks and sounds like just a sweetie!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by calico2222

Awww..nothing like doggie kisses
Snickers is very affectionate, and normally very well behaved, except when I come home from work and she thinks its her job as welcoming committee to knock me on my butt! I've finally got her trained to at least wait until I've put down my purse, groceries, etc before she tries to jump up. But, she will lay beside me on the couch with her head in my lap for hours and be as good as gold. Buttercup (the pug) can't jump that high, so she is just happy standing on her hind legs and scratching at my crotch until she gets my attention (and believe me...that GETS my attention! Really need to trim her toenails...ouch!!) Brooke, the newest isn't a jumper thank goodness. But, she was on the front porch when I was working in the yard, and I wondered how she was seeing over the railing. Here, she was standing in my flower pots! Poor marigolds and petunias crushed to death. But, she was just trying to see what I was doing, I guess.

How is Norris doing? I hope you get to keep him! I looks and sounds like just a sweetie!
Awww your pups sound soo sweet!!!
(by the way we have a little baby pug at our shelter right now i bet you'd have a fit over!!!
- it's adorable! little male) Norris is doing wonderful right now!
He's fitting in soooo well with the rest of our animals and is learning to walk on different surfaces/etc. I take him to my best friends house once in a while so he can learn to walk up and down stairs (we have a one story at our house) and i'm supposed to take him to my sister kimmy's house this week so he can learn to walk on tile too. (he has a hard time on more slippery surfaces like wood/tile.) but he's definitely making progress!
Fosters and him just love one another to pieces too! They're always playing together and giving each other kisses
Whiskey is even warming up to him too!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
They must know you had a bit of a rough day today! Dogs are so good for that! I know when I visit Mom's house, Tasha just looks at me with her big sweet brown eyes and all my worries melt! Either that or I have a good cry and she just lets me hug her and oh I feel so much better! (Cats are good too, but my Tasha just has some special way about her I've noticed. I love my girl!) What would I do without my babies?

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles

They must know you had a bit of a rough day today! Dogs are so good for that! I know when I visit Mom's house, Tasha just looks at me with her big sweet brown eyes and all my worries melt! Either that or I have a good cry and she just lets me hug her and oh I feel so much better! (Cats are good too, but my Tasha just has some special way about her I've noticed. I love my girl!) What would I do without my babies?
I definitely think they can sense when i'm upset/stressed out. They're all just sooooo sweet and affectionate! Whiskey this afternoon between my break from work took a nap with me on the bed and just snuggled as close as he could get to me- it really made me feel better (been a tough past two weeks). I love just being in the moment and not having any worries other than petting my sweet furbabies and them giving me kisses
that ALWAYS helps!) And Fosters and Norris- omg! They're soooooooooooooo awesome about giving me a big ole' kiss right upside the head when i'm upset lol they'll follow me around EVERYWHERE until i pet them
My cats are soo sweet too about stuff like that- but just don't seem to catch on as much as my pups (excpet for Velvet- she ALWAYS knows when i need an extra kitty hug
) Your Tasha sounds soo lovely!

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, I'm so glad he's doing so well and becoming part of the family! I guess he has to relearn a lot of things, but it sounds like he's coming along great.

And, no...this house can not handle another pug! The pug is my husband's, dog, and while I love her to death, there are some days I could actually kill her!
Let me put it this way...she is the smallest dog (the others being a lab and a malamute mix) but, she is the Alpha dog in our family. She lays in my lap, giving me these loving eyes, and I lean over to get kisses....and she bites my nose! I think a lot of it has to do with the family we got her from. They had 5 kids, and I think she had to attack to defend herself. She definitely has a Jeckel/Hyde personality!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You know, my step-sister always wanted a pug. Yours sounds perfect for her! They'd be best buddies!

Just kidding...sort of! She's not so 'moody' like that but I can see her with a dog like that!

kalikat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a mix of cats & dogs too. My 14 y/o Border Collie is my baby dawg. She's always been my closest friend, now that she's old she's become very clingy. Sooty, my son's dog is a sweety. She's such a big sooky goof of a dog. Her & Blossom my kitten get on great, always egging each other on to play.

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My German Shepherd, Thunder, is absolutely my best friend. He will be 5 in August and I got him at 12 weeks old. Since the day I got him, he has gone nearly EVERYWHERE with me. He follows me like a shadow, never needs a leash, and is just so well behaved. Today we were gone for about 12 hours and I couldn't take him with me. It was only like the third time we've ever been seperated since I've had him. John's parents watched him for us while we were gone, and I'm told he layed by the door for the entire 12 hours and waited for me. They tried to take him outside to potty but he wouldn't go, just waited for me to get back. The second I got back he went CRAZY and has been stuck to my side since. He's never been a "kissy" dog though, but our two little dogs are very kissy.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Oh, I'm so glad he's doing so well and becoming part of the family! I guess he has to relearn a lot of things, but it sounds like he's coming along great.

And, no...this house can not handle another pug! The pug is my husband's, dog, and while I love her to death, there are some days I could actually kill her!
Let me put it this way...she is the smallest dog (the others being a lab and a malamute mix) but, she is the Alpha dog in our family. She lays in my lap, giving me these loving eyes, and I lean over to get kisses....and she bites my nose! I think a lot of it has to do with the family we got her from. They had 5 kids, and I think she had to attack to defend herself. She definitely has a Jeckel/Hyde personality!
that jeckel/hyde comparison is too funny!

Originally Posted by Kalikat

I have a mix of cats & dogs too. My 14 y/o Border Collie is my baby dawg. She's always been my closest friend, now that she's old she's become very clingy. Sooty, my son's dog is a sweety. She's such a big sooky goof of a dog. Her & Blossom my kitten get on great, always egging each other on to play.
Aww i LOVE Border Collies!!!

Originally Posted by bnwalker2

My German Shepherd, Thunder, is absolutely my best friend. He will be 5 in August and I got him at 12 weeks old. Since the day I got him, he has gone nearly EVERYWHERE with me. He follows me like a shadow, never needs a leash, and is just so well behaved. Today we were gone for about 12 hours and I couldn't take him with me. It was only like the third time we've ever been seperated since I've had him. John's parents watched him for us while we were gone, and I'm told he layed by the door for the entire 12 hours and waited for me. They tried to take him outside to potty but he wouldn't go, just waited for me to get back. The second I got back he went CRAZY and has been stuck to my side since. He's never been a "kissy" dog though, but our two little dogs are very kissy.
I LOVE GSD's!!! They are such wonderful doggies!!!
Yours sounds like a real sweetheart!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
uhh well apparently Fosters just couldn't contain his bad self any longer. he went and got into the cat's litter pans in the cat room!
little snot! he KNOWS he's not allowed in there (we've trained them not to cross the threashold but occassionally he'll slip up).

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

uhh well apparently Fosters just couldn't contain his bad self any longer. he went and got into the cat's litter pans in the cat room!
little snot! he KNOWS he's not allowed in there (we've trained them not to cross the threashold but occassionally he'll slip up).
Didn't you know that the litter box is known as the "candy dish" in the dog world? And, don't you just LOVE the kisses that smell like kitty litter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Didn't you know that the litter box is known as the "candy dish" in the dog world? And, don't you just LOVE the kisses that smell like kitty litter
oh yes, apparently in this house fosters finds kitty crap to be a rare deliscious treat
goodness
haha exactly why i brush all of their teeth
my dogs are trained not to go in that room- but occassionally they slip up and when they do it's inevitable- fosters helps himself to some "treats"

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
HUmm want to baby sit my yorkie... Gigi is well a human baby with fur ....

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

HUmm want to baby sit my yorkie... Gigi is well a human baby with fur ....
aww she can come stay with me anytime!!!