Finaly Here.

jenniferl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ginger finally went into labor. She's had 1 so far and it's just as my step dad said. She doesn't take care of the kittens so I'm having to clean them up and everything. She doesn't even acknowledge them. Any idea of how soon I should give the baby milk replacer?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jenniferl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Number 2 is here and doing well.

aktotx

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by JenniferL

Number 2 is here and doing well.
See told ya yesterday that maybe they would have them the same day! But I bet Ginger will have more then 2. Can't wait to hear about them and see pictures.

cupcake1234516

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Congrats on the first lil ones and any more that follow! Hope she is doin ok and hope the rest of the delivery goes well!

jenniferl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Is it possible for kittens to have clubbed feet?

cupcake1234516

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I would believe so my dog had club feet in the front.....how is the babies doing and momma? I say she is goin to have 7 babies so if she had 3 she has 4 more to go....come on ginger you can do it!...lol

jenniferl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The fourth one just arrived. The vet took x-rays and said she's only having 5 so she's got one more to go.

cupcake1234516

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
U know whats funny my vet told me Kali was havein 4 and she ended up with 7....so you never know...lol

jenniferl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
even with the x-ray? Wow. Well she just had number 5 and she seems to have settled down for a much deserved nap. She really didn't take care of any of the kittens as far as cleaning them up but she's snuggling with them and they are trying to nurse but it looks like she doesn't have any milk yet. Mom still has 3 placentas she needs to expell.

cupcake1234516

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well i hope she expells them soon and everything goes well with momma and babies and congrats again on ur new babies.....cant wait to see pics...:

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congratulations on the new arrivals. Lady was also very nervous about having her kittens, she cleaned up the placentas and such but refused to clean any of the kittens. She did nurse them, but one of the other momma cats had to go in and take care of keeping the kittens clean. After about 3 days, Lady finally caught on though and is doing great.

Keep us updated!

jenniferl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She's expelled one and is still having contractions. It does feel like she might have one more kitten in there.

cupcake1234516

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
You never know you might be surprised...lol like i was...thats good she expelled one placenta....you said she had three...now she only has 2...hope all goes well

keisha

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by cupcake1234516

U know whats funny my vet told me Kali was havein 4 and she ended up with 7....so you never know...lol
Thats Ironic, My cat named Kalli had 7 too. Is she a calico?

and to the OP, congratz on the kittens so far, I hope she keeps doign so well!

jenniferl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well mom and kittens are doing well and have been moved into their box. She ended up having them in my lap on the bed. She really didn't show any sign she was in labor just a little restless and then three contractions later her first was born. Ginger's milk is also in and everyone is nursing well. I'm not sure she expelled the final two placentas so I'll have that checked out in the morning. Our final count is 5 (4 black tabbies and 1 orange and white kitten). The smallest one weighed in at 80grams and the largest was 120 grams. I'll try and get pics up tomorrow.

aktotx

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Awww Great job Ginger on the 5 little ones. I think it just was the day for ours to have them. Camaro from what I am figuering out went into labor on soon to be hubby on our bed. But guess he moved and she decided it was safer on the floor. How are the little ones this morning?

jenniferl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Mom and babies are doing well. All but one has either maintained their weight or gained weight. The first born seems to be the runt (the one who lost weight) and he's got twisted legs. I was about to give him some replacer but he found mom and was eating well so I left everything alone but am prepared if need be. I did some research on the twisted legs and what I found says that he/she should grow out of it by the time it reaches adulthood. Here are a few pictures:

Here's mom and babies:

and here's a picture of the little one w/ twisted legs:

cupcake1234516

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Awww how cute.....But the lil one with the messed up feet did you call and talk to a vet about it?......thats sad