It's midday, I should REALLY get out of bed

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I finished my exams on Friday, so have no more assignments or study to do for 4 weeks (but will get started again sooner than that), DH is away, and this is the first day I've been able to laze around guilt free in months! Yesterday was crazy busy, so I slept soooo well last night, and just can't drag myself out of bed

I'm still in my jarmies, and Smudge is curled up here next to me, and also hasn't moved all day
Stumpy comes in every now and again to meow at me and have a snuggle, and Lily is nowhere to be seen - she's probably sitting in the cat tree patiently waiting for me to open the blinds for her so she can doze in the sun and watch the world go by

Ohhhh man how I've missed lazy days.

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am in your shoes as well! I have finished for the semester and I work in the evenings so I am at a loss on what to do with myself.
My son is at school, hubby is at work, and next week, my son starts his school holiday programme for the week to keep him busy and hubby has work so I will be alone again for a week. I don't know what to do. LOL.
Then in my third week of the holidays, everyone is off. So I will not be alone and I will probably be wanting that time to myself again!

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
In my defence, it is winter here, it is supposed to be sleety today, with temperatures of 0-8 degrees celcius (32-46 degrees fahrenheit) so I have a good reason to be in my pjs and nightgown!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you really need to get out of bed, I can send Chynna and Abby over, LOL

No one can sleep in with Chynna around! She is very demanding and walks over your body and head, gets right up close and licks your nose with her sand paper tongue and grabs your hand and face with her toes/claws if you try to move, LOL

The good thing though is if she settles down on the pillow next to you, you can let her groom you while you scritch her chin and she will purr you right back to sleep, LOL

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kiwideus

I am in your shoes as well! I have finished for the semester and I work in the evenings so I am at a loss on what to do with myself.
My son is at school, hubby is at work, and next week, my son starts his school holiday programme for the week to keep him busy and hubby has work so I will be alone again for a week. I don't know what to do. LOL.
Then in my third week of the holidays, everyone is off. So I will not be alone and I will probably be wanting that time to myself again!
Haha glad to see I wasn't the only one enjoying the rest!! Just enjoy the break while you can and catch up on some reading

Originally Posted by gemlady

GET UP, YOU LAZY SLUG-A-BED!!
Need a bugler smilie...
NO!!! Make me!!!!

I got up not long after I posted, and had quite a productive afternoon, and had a generally happy day - the rest was well needed

Originally Posted by Kiwideus

In my defence, it is winter here, it is supposed to be sleety today, with temperatures of 0-8 degrees celcius (32-46 degrees fahrenheit) so I have a good reason to be in my pjs and nightgown!
Well, it's warm and sunny here. It was a gorgeous day outside and I didn't care

Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

If you really need to get out of bed, I can send Chynna and Abby over, LOL

No one can sleep in with Chynna around! She is very demanding and walks over your body and head, gets right up close and licks your nose with her sand paper tongue and grabs your hand and face with her toes/claws if you try to move, LOL

The good thing though is if she settles down on the pillow next to you, you can let her groom you while you scritch her chin and she will purr you right back to sleep, LOL
I definitely didn't NEED to get out of bed. I just couldn't believe I was getting out of bed in the PM - that never happens! Stumpy got me out of bed once. She has an obsession with used tissues, and found one that missed the bin, so dashed under the bed with it into a spot where she was hard to get. So I had to crawl under the bed to get it... disgusting cat!

Smudge and Lily are definitely the snuggle in and purr you back to sleep kind of kitties