Vive le Quebec libre!

marie-p

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the
Just kidding!!

But today is St-Jean-Baptiste day. Time for Quebecers to be proud of themselves, wave giant flags and get more drunk than they've been since last year

So if there are any other Quebecers here, enjoy the festivities. And to everyone else, just remember that people in Quebec get the day off tomorrow and you don't

Ok, to those who have no idea what I'm talking about, St-Jean-Baptiste day is the national holiday for the province of Quebec. Yes, we call it a "national" holiday even if it's just for the province... that's because so many people here think that Quebec should be a nation separate from Canada.
But for now in Quebec we get both St-Jean-Baptiste day on June 24 and Canada day on July 1. So depending on your political opinion, you can celebrate either one. And regardless of your opinion, you get a day off for both

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by marie-p

Just kidding!!

But today is St-Jean-Baptiste day. Time for Quebecers to be proud of themselves, wave giant flags and get more drunk than they've been since last year

So if there are any other Quebecers here, enjoy the festivities. And to everyone else, just remember that people in Quebec get the day off tomorrow and you don't

Ok, to those who have no idea what I'm talking about, St-Jean-Baptiste day is the national holiday for the province of Quebec. Yes, we call it a "national" holiday even if it's just for the province... that's because so many people here think that Quebec should be a nation separate from Canada.
But for now in Quebec we get both St-Jean-Baptiste day on June 24 and Canada day on July 1. So depending on your political opinion, you can celebrate either one. And regardless of your opinion, you get a day off for both
St. Jean Baptist Day is clearly marked on my 365 cats a year calendar!

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hope you have a great holiday! I did a paper (in a geography class in college - I'm American) about the Quebec Seperatist Movement and I still don't understand it all... very complicated politics.

We have a "B.C. Day" in the summer. The sole purpose of it is to have an extra day off to enjoy the summer! Now that's my kind of holiday.