Catholic Cherries

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

I was out taking pictures for marketing for my company of buildings that we had designed the mechanical systems for. One of the projects was for the John Paul II Center, the Archdiocese of Denver. What a beautiful group of buildings! The architecture and stone detailing was just stunning.

But, while I was there, I saw a cherry tree that was bursting with cherries. The bright red fruit against the deep green leaves was too beautiful not to take pictures of, so here are a few:

So as I'm taking these pictures, I notice there's some rustling in the trees - there's birds eating the cherries! So I had to try to get some wildlife pictures.

Can you see the robins in the tree?

Finally, a couple birds decided to pose nice for me.

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was expecting something else, too.

Beautiful pics, and luscious, too. How did you get so close to the cherries? Ours are up so high only the birds get them, and BOY do they have cherry-eating parties EARLY in the morning! Ours won't be ripe for another 4-6 weeks, though.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks for the compliments!

Originally Posted by SwampWitch

Beautiful pics, and luscious, too. How did you get so close to the cherries? Ours are up so high only the birds get them, and BOY do they have cherry-eating parties EARLY in the morning! Ours won't be ripe for another 4-6 weeks, though.
It looked like the birds were eating the cherries from the top down, so the cherries at the bottom of the tree were almost untouched, hence the decent close ups.

Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

Ahhh, thank you for sharing your pictures... cherries and robins... what could be nicer?
It really was quite a serene scene.

Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

Those are pretty!

Since the birds were eating them they were obviously not poisonous, did you try any?
I thought it probably wouldn't be very good to steal cherries from the Archdiocese, no matter what my religious beliefs.
I just left them for the birds to eat.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Great pics! Now, I'm craving cherries. I hate anything cherry flavored, but give me real cherries and I'm there! I wouldn't have been able to not snag one or two. You know...you have to make sure they were safe for the birds and all