Photoshop or Paintshop Pro?

crazykitties

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Can anyone tell me which is better? I plan on getting one and can't figure out the differences. Would I get more stuff if I get photoshop? Thanks!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Yes, you would, but you'd be paying a far higher price! You really have to decide based on what you want to use the programs for.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

crazykitties

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I want to be able to edit my pictures, make greeting cards, siggys, and other things like that. I downloaded the trial of each and it seems like Photoshop has more, but Paintshiop seems more user friendly. I'm pretty good with computers, but Photoshop has me completely
right now. LOL! I tried making a siggy using the step by step tutorial and got nowhere.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I have Photoshop Elements which is essentially Photoshop "Lite". It can be found for around $70 or so. It can do all of the things you described above.

If I can figure out Photoshop, you can too.....although I will admit to almost crying the first time I opened it.

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have the full Photoshop (the expensive one), and I also have Paintshop Pro. The thing I like best about Paint Shop Pro is the tubes, but other than that, there is NO COMPARISON as to which is better! Photoshop is THE BEST.

Oh yeah...and by the way, I sobbed when I opened up Photoshop for the first time.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

crazykitties

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Okay, so I think I'm going to get Photoshop Elements, but am a little scared.
Does it come with any sort of instructional cd?

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
While I agree with Hope that Photoshop is the best, to be honest, unless you know how to use the features in it and are going to use every feature in it, you are wasting a lot of money.

I got mine from work, they buy a license for more machines than we run it on and as I work from home, I get to have a copy at home, but even with the amount of graphic work I do, I can't see myself spending $700-1000 on the full extended version of Photoshop when you can do just as nice 'regular' work in Elements.

If you are designing websites in it, using it for work and professional print grade stuff, then photoshop is generally more worth it.

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by crazykitties

Okay, so I think I'm going to get Photoshop Elements, but am a little scared.
Does it come with any sort of instructional cd?
There are instructions and plenty of tutorial websites that you can learn from

Check out our graphics help and resources thread (there is a link in the sticky at the top of the sig forum) you will find links to tutorial sites etc in that thread

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
You will also get a manual with it that will give you a few instructions and I also bought an inexpensive book.