TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Update on Desirée
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Update on Desirée

post #1 of 16
Thread Starter 
Desirée had her 4-D ultra sound done today, Brody looks so sweet.

I will try and post some of these tomorrow, Desirée is gonna bring me a cd of the pictures that they made for her.

Here is what we found out about her today. As everyone here knows she has been having a little trouble with her pregancy. She is almost 30 weeks and she is already having to see her doctor every week because they are afraid she is gonna go into labor early.

The doctors are hoping that she will stay pregnant for another 4-6 weeks. A doctor told her and Josh Wednesday that he felt comfortable when his children were born after his wife was 34 weeks. So that is what they are hoping will happen with Desiree. She is not on bed rest or anything like that yet.

She also has to have that BPP test done every week, this test measures the amount of amniotic fluid, it measures two different kinds of movements that Brody is doing, and I think it checks his heartbeat.

I am pleased with her doctors, they appear to be on top of things with her.

Even if she makes it to 34 weeks, she will still be about 6 weeks early.

She has already had the shot to help makes Brody's lungs stronger just in case he does come early.

I hope I can remember how to post the pictures when I get the cd tomorrow.
post #2 of 16
Awww Bea..it all sounds promising..I really hope that Brody stays in there long enough

Still sending safe vibes for her and Brody
post #3 of 16
Bea, I'm sure everything will be just fine for both of them. PLEASE keep us updated about them both.And know that you have many people here keeping them both in thier prayers each and every day.
BTW, I am only a PM away. I'll help with what I can.
post #4 of 16
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trouts mom View Post
Awww Bea..it all sounds promising..I really hope that Brody stays in there long enough

Still sending safe vibes for her and Brody
It does sound promising Nat, and even though I want him here, I want him in Desirée's tummy more.

post #5 of 16
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by crittermom View Post
Bea, I'm sure everything will be just fine for both of them. PLEASE keep us updated about them both.And know that you have many people here keeping them both in thier prayers each and every day.
BTW, I am only a PM away. I'll help with what I can.
I will Tammy, and I do know that there are lots of people here praying for her and fro Brody.

I do appreciate everyone too.

post #6 of 16
I know a baby being born early can be scary but it sounds like everything is under control and I'm sure everything will be just fine! My daughter was born at only 27 weeks and 3 days and she is healthy as can be now and almost 4. Sending good vibes and wish them all the best!
post #7 of 16
Sounds like things are going great! Good thing they put her on the steroid shots early for his lungs. I hope he gives out a good scream when he comes!
post #8 of 16
Well good they are keeping an eye on things, Bea. Sounds like they have plans for what to do if he's early, so that's good.

post #9 of 16
I'm sending lots of "stay in" vibes!
post #10 of 16
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABK View Post
I know a baby being born early can be scary but it sounds like everything is under control and I'm sure everything will be just fine! My daughter was born at only 27 weeks and 3 days and she is healthy as can be now and almost 4. Sending good vibes and wish them all the best!
Yeah, it is kinda scary, but I am glad that the doctors are keeping a close eye on her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StacyD1987 View Post
Sounds like things are going great! Good thing they put her on the steroid shots early for his lungs. I hope he gives out a good scream when he comes!
I hope he screams like crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neetanddave View Post
Well good they are keeping an eye on things, Bea. Sounds like they have plans for what to do if he's early, so that's good.

Yeah, I know Neet, her doctors sound great so far, at least they haven't made me mad yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcat View Post
I'm sending lots of "stay in" vibes!

I do appreciate the "stay in" vibes too.
post #11 of 16
It must be worrying, but it sounds like she is getting excellent care. Good vibes for you all!
post #12 of 16
It sounds like she is getting excellent care. Frankly, I am extremely happy for you/her/the baby that she is beyond 28 weeks.

I've been away from high risk labor and delivery for over 11 years, so I know there have been advances made, but back then, the odds increased significantly, once a pregnancy made it to at least 28 weeks.

Sounds like she's had a shot of betamethazone for helping mature the lungs, and I think that goal of 34 weeks at least sounds good, and like she'll make it

Sending stay in there vibes!
post #13 of 16
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyranson View Post
It must be worrying, but it sounds like she is getting excellent care. Good vibes for you all!
I am very pleased with her doctors right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat & Alix View Post
It sounds like she is getting excellent care. Frankly, I am extremely happy for you/her/the baby that she is beyond 28 weeks.

I've been away from high risk labor and delivery for over 11 years, so I know there have been advances made, but back then, the odds increased significantly, once a pregnancy made it to at least 28 weeks.

Sounds like she's had a shot of betamethazone for helping mature the lungs, and I think that goal of 34 weeks at least sounds good, and like she'll make it

Sending stay in there vibes!
The shot was steroids I think, I just know that it is supposed to make his lungs strong in case he did come early, she had to get one on one day, then had to go back the next day and get another one.
post #14 of 16
Aww. Things are sounding good then. I will continue to keep you all in my prayers!!

post #15 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSULOVER View Post

The shot was steroids I think, I just know that it is supposed to make his lungs strong in case he did come early, she had to get one on one day, then had to go back the next day and get another one.
Yes, betamethazone is a Corticosteroid, ideally you want to have 24 to 48 hours after it's given before birth. When I was working, I attended births of many, many preterm babies.
post #16 of 16
I am glad that she and Brody are doing well. Her doctor's sound fabulous....it really makes a difference when you get great quality care during your pregnancy.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Update on Desirée