Win 10,000 points in the TCS Treasure Challenge Round 3

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's back!

ROUND 3 OF THE TCS TREASURE CHALLENGE

Got those thinking caps on yet? Or in some cases, have you remembered your medication?

This Challenge gets us back to the basics.
We all know our ABC's.
We all love cats, and their often unusual names.

Now's your chance to put your research skills to the test, using both the ABC's and cat names.

We have selected one unique cat name for each letter of the alphabet.

Each set of clues will have no more than 5 letters in it. One clue will be given for each letter, consisting of the first two letters of the owner's username.

Find that name, then find their unique cat name that corresponds to the letter of the alphabet. You'll need to make a list of the names, in alphabetical order.

You can PM either icklemiss21, crittermom or myself during the Challenge to verify you have the correct username, but it will be up to you to get the correct cat name.

(For Challengers under the age of 18 that cannot use the TCS PM system, please email your answers to AbbysMom, a moderator who has kindly volunteered to assist you.
Her email address is abbysmom (add @thecatsite.com)

Once your answer has been submitted via PM (or email if you're under 18,) contestants with the correct answer will be awarded 1000 points and assigned a random name based on the amount of correct answers.

A poll will be posted for ALL TCS members to select a name.

The name with the highest amount of votes will be declared the winner,
and awarded 10,000 points!

As usual, you may stumble over special prizes along the way, so be prepared to win!

In the case of a tie, the contestants will be contacted with one bonus question to answer, given to them all at a mutually agreed upon time, so as to eliminate any influence due to time zones.
First to answer will be declared the winner.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good luck, here's your first 5 clues.

A-- ge
B-- cr
C-- cr
D-- Mi
E-- Hi

Remember, you are looking for a unique cat name.

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by pushylady

Eeeks! This one looks hard!
it is not hard at all.
If I of all people can find the cats names and the owner of said cat, then anyone can find them.There are SEVERAL ways to find them.

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

I GIVE UP
if you all give up, then that will only show us that no one is interested in contests anymore
and therefore, we won't want to think of anymore.

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
To be honest, with my A.D.D. I can't even understand your instructions, let alone find the cat or the owner. The instructions are complex that they don't even make sense to me.

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
you have to look through usernames to find the unique cats name.(The letter has ONLY ONE UNIQUE cat named with that letter.)
example, let's say there is a username --named Lolosoft.He has a cat named Percocet. The clue would be
P--Lo

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by crittermom

if you all give up, then that will only show us that no one is interested in contests anymore
and therefore, we won't want to think of anymore.
Awwww Tammy Wammerson..I'm sure tons of people will play!! I just suck at games like this

Alot of members are just getting busy on the weekends now that its nicer weather I think..I'm sure lots of people will be by to play..

I might even try

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
To make it really simple...

You get the first two letters of the persons name and need to find their cat beginning with whatever letter is beside it. So if you got

A. -- Ho

And you guessed HopeHacker, the cat would be Angel as all of the others have names that start with S.

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

You get the first two letters of the persons name and need to find their cat beginning with whatever letter is beside it. So if you got

A. -- Ho

And you guessed HopeHacker, the cat would be Angel as all of the others have names that start with S.
You then PM either Neetanddave,Icklemiss21 or myself to make sure you have the right username.

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

A. -- Ho

So, let's say if the cat were Magnum, the clue would be

M=Ic Is that right?

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by HopeHacker

So, let's say if the cat were Magnum, the clue would be

M=Ic Is that right?
See, it wasn't as hard as you thought.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by halfpint

I'm trying to make a connection with the Dyson this weekend
good luck with that! I'm beginning to suspect TCS is a major shareholder in Dyson, the way they're talked about on here....

I may even attempt this challenge, now the rules have been spelled out.

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How about the second set of clues for Part 1?

A-- ge... this member is a chocaholic, her username has 7 letters and ends with y
B-- cr... this member loves giving gifts, her username has 10 letters and ends with m
C-- cr... this member is moving this weekend, her username has 12 letters and ends with o
D-- Mi... this member has the same name as a tree, her username has 6 letters and ends with a
E-- Hi... this member lives in Texas, her username has 5 letters and ends with a