TheCatSite.com › Forums › Our Feline Companions › Pregnant Cats and Kitten Care › I Want Kittens!!!!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

I Want Kittens!!!!!

post #1 of 14
Thread Starter 
Sorry, I just had to yell, lol! I haven't been on this forum in a while, but about a month ago I came back and now I'm looking through all the pictures of kittens and I'm getting the blues. It's been almost a year since I had little furballs running around. I have Binx, but he's growing up so fast(already almost 5 months old!) and he's already getting into his "I'm growing up so I can be lazy" stage. *boo hoo*

I'm "technically" not supposed to have animals in my apartment, but heck, I own 3 cats, 3 ferrets, and 2 sugar gliders already. Maybe if I check out the local shelters they will have some kittens or preggy mammas that I can foster.

Is anyone else going through the kitten blues? I mean, once you've had newborn kittens around, it's never the same without them. Am I right or am I right?!

*sigh* sorry for my ranting, I just needed to get that out.
post #2 of 14
hey tortiebaby, don't I know you from CP?

I have two kittens to send you so you can git yer kitten-fix. Just tell me who to address the box to....
post #3 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by TortieBaby View Post
Sorry, I just had to yell, lol! I haven't been on this forum in a while, but about a month ago I came back and now I'm looking through all the pictures of kittens and I'm getting the blues. It's been almost a year since I had little furballs running around. I have Binx, but he's growing up so fast(already almost 5 months old!) and he's already getting into his "I'm growing up so I can be lazy" stage. *boo hoo*

I'm "technically" not supposed to have animals in my apartment, but heck, I own 3 cats, 3 ferrets, and 2 sugar gliders already. Maybe if I check out the local shelters they will have some kittens or preggy mammas that I can foster.

Is anyone else going through the kitten blues? I mean, once you've had newborn kittens around, it's never the same without them. Am I right or am I right?!

*sigh* sorry for my ranting, I just needed to get that out.
I doubt a shelter or rescue will let you foster. Not because your a bad onwer! But because you arent supposed to have pets in your house. Most rescues and shelters need to call your landlord and ask before they allow you to foster/adopt.
post #4 of 14
Thread Starter 
What is CP? I probably already know what it is, but my mind isn't working at the moment and I can't figure it out, lol.

By all means, send your kittens my way! LOL! Hubby will kill me, but I don't care, by golly, I need a kitten fix!

I guess the fact that I just got my female kitty fixed made me realise that I will never again have kittens around. Everyone here is fixed(except my little boy kitten, but he's getting done on Sunday) so now it's all "grown-up" animals. I still love them, but there's nothing compared to kittens.
post #5 of 14
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fostermomm View Post
I doubt a shelter or rescue will let you foster. Not because your a bad onwer! But because you arent supposed to have pets in your house. Most rescues and shelters need to call your landlord and ask before they allow you to foster/adopt.

Yeah I know, but I can always dream, can't I? lol. It keeps me from going insane.

The landlord actually doesn't care that I have animals, it's just his wife that's the meany. She hates animals. As long as my animals aren't destroying the apartment or anything, the guy doesn't mind that I have them.
post #6 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by TortieBaby View Post
Sorry, I just had to yell, lol! I haven't been on this forum in a while, but about a month ago I came back and now I'm looking through all the pictures of kittens and I'm getting the blues. It's been almost a year since I had little furballs running around. I have Binx, but he's growing up so fast(already almost 5 months old!) and he's already getting into his "I'm growing up so I can be lazy" stage. *boo hoo*

I'm "technically" not supposed to have animals in my apartment, but heck, I own 3 cats, 3 ferrets, and 2 sugar gliders already. Maybe if I check out the local shelters they will have some kittens or preggy mammas that I can foster.

Is anyone else going through the kitten blues? I mean, once you've had newborn kittens around, it's never the same without them. Am I right or am I right?!

*sigh* sorry for my ranting, I just needed to get that out.

Haha, sad when they grow up! It's nice though because my cat still looks the same as she did when she was younger, just a little bit bigger But yes sometimes I think it would be nice to have some little ones running around but I know my cat wouldn't like that
post #7 of 14
Oh if you were closer you could foster for me!! I have so many kitties here and so many that people want to pawn off on me to find homes for. Like I cannot even believe how many are waiting to come in here. I got a pregnant female who was going to be PTS at the pound bc she was prego, who gave birth to 5. I have one covered in lice from a group of 11 of which most were eaten by dogs and the rest went to a rescue in Cleveland, I have two waiting to come to me from one woman who found them downtown, 6 from someone else who found them in her barn, 2 from a guy up in Cleveland, 2 from the maintenence guy at my apartment, 6 more from another guy in Cleveland...

CRAZY!! But oh how i wish you lived near me!!
post #8 of 14
Thread Starter 
Oh man, well, if you ever go on a trip and happen to be coming my way, bring a couple kittens.

It must be crazy in the "country" areas of the US. I mean, when I used to live in NC, there used to be at least 30 pages(w/ REALLY tiny typing) of classiffied ads just for cats, then another 20 pages for dogs and other animals! It was insane. I guess it's because in places like that the law isn't very well inforced so people just let their animals breed like bunnies! >

I hope I can have a house soon so I can help foster kittens.
post #9 of 14
wow, you have sugar gliders, I had them 15 years ago. that was a long time ago, and they are a family pet so I hope both you and your husband love spending time with them, otherwise they will get depressed. i found them to be so smelly too, like bunnies, and sooo mussy. I could never get them again. lol but they can be cute.
post #10 of 14
Thread Starter 
Yeah, hubby and I both love the gliders to pieces. With our group effort we have been able to "tame" them in just 2 weeks( when I got them they were 2 years old and hardly handled)!

Actually, as far as smell, only the "whole" males are smelly. I have a female and a fixed male, so there's not any smell at all, I mean NONE! Also, Mine are not messy at all. I just empty their tray and wash their bedding once a week and that's it.

I guess that because I have 3 ferrets, I'm used to cleaning up messes, lol. Taking care of gliders is a breeze.
post #11 of 14
Oh, man. There are tons of kittens in my area. Several having to be bottle-fed...I have one, a friend of mine has 4, another lady I know has 4, plus the vet's office near my house is bottle-feeding 9. That doesn't even count all of the "Free Kittens" ads right now, plus the shelter is overflowing. That's why Hera came here. They wanted to put her down and we intervened. You could sure be of help down here.
post #12 of 14
You can have mine lol. I am currently debating on trying to catch 4 feral kittens along with the mother and on top of it I think there is a new pregnant cat in the neighborhood.
post #13 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by TortieBaby View Post
Yeah, hubby and I both love the gliders to pieces. With our group effort we have been able to "tame" them in just 2 weeks( when I got them they were 2 years old and hardly handled)!

Actually, as far as smell, only the "whole" males are smelly. I have a female and a fixed male, so there's not any smell at all, I mean NONE! Also, Mine are not messy at all. I just empty their tray and wash their bedding once a week and that's it.

I guess that because I have 3 ferrets, I'm used to cleaning up messes, lol. Taking care of gliders is a breeze.
well its good that they don't smell, but most owners don't notice smell, and what about the fact that every sugar glider Throws their food? I have never met a sugar glider that hasn’t whipped their food across the room. its quite cute, but I have met owners however that don’t notice. But I’m an extreme clean freak. And everything was washed from top to bottom once a week. Are you feeding them fruits bugs and BML? I had gliders in the late 80’s and there was no BML until the 90’s but I managed healthy gliders for 15 years. We only had once accident and after that, they got their own glider room and never left it again. Then I got cats and found new homes for the gliders because I couldn’t spend enough time with both the cats and the gliders. in seporate rooms, And I didn’t want my gliders getting depressed or stressed.

Do your cats Interact with the gliders? I know many people that would disagree with that, that having all those different animals together would not be good for them. They can become easily stressed.
post #14 of 14
Thread Starter 
Oh, believe me, if they had a smell, my husband would be the first to complain, lol. He complains about the smell of the catbox, and he complains about the smell of the ferrets. We have the gliders in our room(about 10ft x 8ft room), so if they smelled, we would notice as soon as we walked in the room. We keep the door shut all day, so the smell would have plenty of time to build up.

They are really good about their food. I serve it to them every night on a big plate, so they walk onto the plate and eat if there, anything theydon't want, they'll just scoot it aside ad go for what they want. I feed them fruits,veggies, and BML, I also give them mealworms as a snakc in the evening. They especially love blueberries. They'll suck all the insides of the berry out and then leave behind the skin, lol.


I don't let any other animals in my room, sot they aren't stressed. I did, however, try and introduce one of the gliders to my kitten the other day, but the kitten just wanted to play with the glider's long tail, lol, so that didn't work out.

I always have tons of time for all of my animals. The ferrets come out and play for a few hours in the morning when I wake up, then I have all day to play with the cats(thought they usually just want to slepp, lol) and then the gliders wake up around 10pm, so I usually take them out of thei cage and play with them at that time and then put them back right before I go to bed at about 11 or 12. Everyone here is on a schedule for "people time".
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Pregnant Cats and Kitten Care
TheCatSite.com › Forums › Our Feline Companions › Pregnant Cats and Kitten Care › I Want Kittens!!!!!