New breed, in Italy we haven't "Nibelungo"

marcioweb

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, this is my first message and it's a question about a breed that is probably new for italian cat lovers. They call in italian "Nibelungo" and it's a mix of a Russian blue and a long hair cat.. how do you say in english? I'm searching using google and so.. but i can't find anything about that. I first saw them on a book; the italian author wrote that it is well known in some countries like UK, Germany, Nederland and France..

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

marcioweb

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Oh yes it is, but it is an old link I think.. I'd like to know if someone knows something new about the breed!

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've never seen one in the flesh as they are quite rare here, but they certainly look beautiful from photos I've seen!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Originally Posted by Duchess15

The breed is named after a german story called "Die Nibelungen". I had a feeling that was what it was named after when I first saw it.
Yes. And this is why you cant find it in Google by the nibelungo.

You must spell it correctly...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

marcioweb

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks. I think it' s a bit difficult to have one nebelung kitten right now.. It seems that there are just a few little breeders around the world..

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nebelungs are supposed to be a longhair version of the Russian Blue cats. They never really caught on to the general public, and so are pretty rare and uncommon.

I raised/showed normal Russian Blues. Don't think I want them in a longhair versian, but that's my opinion.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I remember hearing about them when I was first beginning to show my American Curls back in the 1980's...here is a page that has link to catteries in the US and around the world:
http://www.nebelungs.org/