Air Fresheners

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What kind of air fresheners does everyone use? I just bought the febreeze noticeables yesterday and it works really well. Even with the window open, I could still smell it. The only problem was it has a light on it so I felt like I was sleeping with a night light.

A couple months ago, I bought a glade wisp and you could only smell it if you were standing right in front of it.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think I have a glade mood lighting one..I never turn it on though because of the night light thing..

Any air freshener I've tried only lasts for like a week anyway

mybabyphx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My boss just bought me a new air freshener for my desk.
It says Glade on it but I don't know what type..
It looks oval with a circle opening in the middle to hold the jar of liquid freshener in it. Every so often it shoots some stuff into the air. It's nice, it smells good!

BTW: Does anyone know what freshener I'm talking about? LOL

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
those renuzit adjustables - the last for a long time and smell great depending on the scent! cinnamon apple is my favorite. http://www.renuzit.com/ I also have the glade decospeheres and the plug ins.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't use 'em... I don't like the idea of breathing chemicals all the time, y'know? If there's a smell to get rid of (and of course there is now and then, with kitties), I prefer to just burn a few matches and turn on a fan.

And then, to be extra-safe, I put the burned matches inside an almost-empty Ozarka water bottle and put the lid on! Fire is one of my phobias, so I take no chances...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mybabyphx

My boss just bought me a new air freshener for my desk.
It says Glade on it but I don't know what type..
It looks oval with a circle opening in the middle to hold the jar of liquid freshener in it. Every so often it shoots some stuff into the air. It's nice, it smells good!

BTW: Does anyone know what freshener I'm talking about? LOL
I think thats http://www.glade.com/glade-wisp/ Thats the one I had before and I could only smell it if I was right near it. I had the apple cinnamon one and it did smell really good.

mybabyphx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catlover19

I think thats http://www.glade.com/glade-wisp/ Thats the one I had before and I could only smell it if I was right near it. I had the apple cinnamon one and it did smell really good.
That is what we have. We only got it a couple days ago, and so far I think it's OK. I can smell it at my desk, and that's all I care about! LOL.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I bought "Oust" citrus. I really like it. It smells lightly lemony and not over powering. Very natural.

I can't stand really strong air fresheners. I find that they often smell worse than the offending smell, LOL

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use a Glade Plug-In with a little light on it in my bathroom. I like it because it has just enought light to see so I don't need to turn the bathroom light on and blind myself in the middle of the night. Usually the scent has run out and I just use the nightlight, lol! I also use either an AirWick or Glade scented oil unit in the living room and kitchen, depending on which oil refill is on sale. I prefer the Lavender scents....yummmmm!

*lulu*

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Any air freshener I've tried only lasts for like a week anyway
Same!!!
Might try one of the ones you guys use though. I love trying out air fresheners!!

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Febreeze spray something or the other - hubby sprays it in the furnance and the smell radiates throughout the house.

fostermomm

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I use the kind that switch back and forth between two scents. I think its Glade something or another.

lnbandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use the wallflowers from B&BW - the french lavender. Also, Pier 1 has some nice oil/reed diffusers. They last forever - I still have one on my desk that smells of clove and cinnamon that I opened before Christmas!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Fostermomm

I use the kind that switch back and forth between two scents. I think its Glade something or another.
Thats the febreeze noticeables. My new favourite air freshener.

trixie23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use a candle melter alot (2 actually)... Yankee candle tarts are my favorite. I like Midnight Cove, Granny Smith, Ocean Water, etc. I use to like Ozium because it was a great air freshner to rid of smoke or any other funky smell. Other than that it is Febreeze in the bathroom. For the car it is air freshner sticks (slide them into the vent), that one is also I clean smell! I also use Airwick and Yankee Candle plug ins. Arrrr I use the decosphere by airwick in my closets. Wow I use alot of air freshners!

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
candles for the living room and renuzits for the closets

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by adymarie

Febreeze spray something or the other - hubby sprays it in the furnance and the smell radiates throughout the house.
Yikes! That's not a gas furnace, is it? Is he sure it's safe to spray it in there?

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I usually have several candles around the house, I choose a scent like Apple Spice or Bayberry that is strong even when they are not lite. I sometimes lite them but mostly just use them as a nice smelling decoration.
I have to watch with air fresheners because most of them bother my allergies.
I also use baking soda in my kitty litter which really cuts down on any kitty smell.

samantha1979

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I use the glade ones with the fan. I think it is glade. I am always swapping out the scents though so you can smell them. But they DO only last around a week like TroutsMom said....don't know why? I have the ones with the night lights for the bathroom for the same reason that Pookie-Poo does, the night light works pretty good and then I can still see when I go back into the bedroom. I just got those a few weeks ago.