Things we thank our kitties for....

renny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My dad has been working at my house replacing my shower (previous home owners stuck the plumbing together with glue and tape...but don't get me started on that) and was making oodles of noise. So i took the monkeys outside for a little bird watching. I run back inside the house for a few minutes to help my dad and come back out and...there's no Lucky (the yard is fully fenced). I'm running this way and that calling out her name...and for some reason I looked up. And there was my naked (lion cut) girl running around on the roof of my house!
She was just kinda looking at me like "hi meomy...look where i am!".

So
Lucky for checking to make sure meowmy's heart was stong and her balance was good. (I enjoyed spending my evening climbing onto my roof and giving the neighbours a good show as I chased my naked cat around the roof.)

Does anyone else have stories of things they should
THANK their kitties for??

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That was sweet - she was just trying to show off her new hair cut!

stacyd1987

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My two little kittens are very rambunctious and love to crawl under our covers, bouncing around, at night. Well, my husband always has to get up early in the morning for work and one day he forgot to set his alarm. You can pretty much guess what happened... The kitties woke us both up at 4am and knocked over the alarm clock. I put it back up and noticed that the alarm wasn't on and reseted it. I haven't told him yet because he merely remembers that night, the time the cats sat on his face!

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lexi (found her as a stray) will occassionally run outside when the door is open and sneaks out. This of course scares me because she will run off and I often don't have any shoes on. Last time I ran in pajamas, freezing cold temperatures, and wet socks chasing her across to the neighbor's yard. It had been raining all day. I guess she wanted to make sure I stayed in shape and keep the neighbors entertained.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Why, just last night, I thanked my little Pearl for waking me from a terrible nightmare! I'm not sure why she felt it was necessary to do it by grabbing my face with her claws and French-kissing me, but hey, it worked...

noludoru

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
LMAO, Carol!

I just want to thank my kitties for all the sleepless nights, throwing up on my bedspread, the massive amounts of hair they shed, and the many scars I've accumulated. Thank you kitties. If I didn't love you all so much, I'd be having cat soup.

graciecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd like to thank Gracie from the bottom of my heart for all the hairballs she barfs up in the middle of the night.
For some reason she always seems to do it about 5 minutes before I wake up so that they're nice a squishy when I step on them in the dark.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

renny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You guys crack me up (though all my co-workers think i'm nuts laughing to myself!!)

boog's mom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'd like to thank Pogue for bringing me a toy fur mouse for breakfast in bed...

after he washed it in the water bowl.

beandip

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd like to thank Leopold for being so brave and killing that poisonous spider....but next time let's not try to eat the spider 'cause it can hurt the kitty too.

I'd like to thank Pixel for trying to straighten out the curtain rods.

I'd like to thank Paisley for the furry orange mouse she put on top of by hot, freshly buttered bagel.

I'd like to thank Leopold for opening the treats Saturday morning and sharing them with everyone, so that I wouldn't have to get up and make breakfast.

I'd like to thank Paisley for cleaning up that little umm mess that Momma made.
Just leave the hairball there next time, that's not good fiber.

Paisley and Leopold get "credit" for almost everything that goes on here.

catsarebetter

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, let's see...

I'd like to thank Pogue for testing to make sure that the curtains were attached firmly to the curtain rod, and by further testing them to make sure that if one of other cats should think to try to swing on them, that indeed, they can and will support the weight and movement. I'd also like to thank him for making me laugh daily, because surely if he didn't I'd have to face kitty jail for kitty murder, stemming from temporary insanity when he gets in the baskets on the shelves...or any other number of things that he shouldn't be into. I'd also like to thank Pogue for putting all the balls in the track ball toy, and all the mice in the track mouse toy.

I'd like to thank Joyeux and Pogue respectively for their ongoing chorus, their inspection of the cabinet, dishwasher and refrigerator *every* time they're opened.

I'd like to thank Kahn for figuring out ways to knock the toys off the very highest places in which they're put away so that kitty paws cannot reach them. Kahn also gets credit for throwing raw meat all over the kitchen.. it's good incentive to wash it daily.

Noel gets the thanks for keeping everyone in line, whether they need it or not. And she seriously gets the thanks for always being concerned about me when I'm upset.. she echos my moods. I'd also like to thank her for weighing my feet down nightly, legs down every evening, and for guarding me everywhere I go so faithfully. I'd also like to thank her for enhancing my exercise as often as she's able by scooting out the door.

I would like to thank Joyeux for being such a pretty girl, talking about everything, all day long, loudly.. I'd like to thank her for teaching this trait to Pogue. I'd also like to thank her for not teaching Pogue how to meow loudly, since his meow is quite low and hoarse (and not nearly so noticeable). I'd also like to thank Joyeux for trying to take off the vet's and vet's assistant's fingers every time she has to go. And I'd like to thank her for growling for two days afterwards.

I'd like to thank Bagheera for being so skittish, testing the mettle of my left index finger by sinking her teeth into it for 30 seconds while I attempted to put her in a carrier. I'd like to thank her for being cunning, and not cooperating with *any* attempt to get her dewormed, medicated or to the vet for an office visit.

jessy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I thank Villy for:
Making me laugh all the time,
Making me feel so loved,
Talking to me A LOT,
Sharing her fur, on the bed, in our food, on the sofa, in my clothes, she's so kind!
Making me laugh by attacking the 'bed mice' and waking up DH!

pekoe & nigel

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StacyD1987

My two little kittens are very rambunctious and love to crawl under our covers, bouncing around, at night. Well, my husband always has to get up early in the morning for work and one day he forgot to set his alarm. You can pretty much guess what happened... The kitties woke us both up at 4am and knocked over the alarm clock. I put it back up and noticed that the alarm wasn't on and reseted it. I haven't told him yet because he merely remembers that night, the time the cats sat on his face!
Been there, done that. Been endlessly annoyed by the 4-o'clock wakings, but overjoyed that one morning that I would have been late for work...

Originally Posted by noludoru

Thank you kitties. If I didn't love you all so much, I'd be having cat soup.
Cat soup! I'll have to start threatening them with that from now on. It's always been cat-roast, but now I can add to my cat-culinary talents.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have never cleaned up my dishes so fast since I've had Trout...I certainly can't leave anything laying around or she will lick the dishes or eat the leftovers...

Thanks for making meowmy clean up Trout!

jenny1124

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

I have never cleaned up my dishes so fast since I've had Trout...I certainly can't leave anything laying around or she will lick the dishes or eat the leftovers...

Thanks for making meowmy clean up Trout!
I would say that one to Princess too. She has definately made me cleaner and in turn made everyone a bit more healthy I'd guess.

Thank you, Princess for making me and Daddy laugh so hard when you pounce on hands and feet that are under the covers on the bed.. and making me laugh extra hard when I wiggle my hand next to Daddy and you pounce him

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you, Sebastian, for making sure I don't stay asleep until around 2am. Your musical yowling designed to keep the the Sandman away is such a blessing. Thanks for making sure my heart is beating healthily by by parking your 14lb body across my chest to test it. Breathing isn't really a requirement for me. Thanks, too, for the recent gifts of furballs. You never had a single one until Daphne came along. I'm so happy we can all bond this way. Of course, by placing them on my laundry you are really sharing the best you can. Thanks for the times you decide you simply cannot sleep on your pillow but must share mine. I feel so close to you when I breathe in 5 lbs of your fur.

Dear Daphne, thank you for the 6:30 wake up kisses, nose nibbles and e-collar bonks. How boring my mornings would be without you. Thanks for teaching me how to fetch and for stashing 1,000 paper balls all around our little apartment. Thanks for testing the miniblinds to make sure they are sturdy. Thank you for the million little scratches on my thighs and shoulders. No tattoos for me - I have custom Daphne skin engravings! Thank you for resolutely refusing to leave your stitches be thereby allowing me to attain approximately 500 more gray hairs.

Thank you both for giving me so much laughter and love. My life would be so barren and sleep-filled without you

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'd like to thank Katie for all the food she tries to steal, like the steak hoagie,
pizza toppings, fried chicken and tacos. I appreciate her efforts to ensure meowmy eats right.

I'd like to thank Gracie for alerting me to every bug, even the tiniest spidern up in the corner of the ceiling, that ends up in our house, by meowing at the top of her lungs for hours, if need be. Also, for quickly catching and disposing of any bugs she gets ahold of. She makes me feel very safe from all the creepy, crawly creatures.

Peter earns my thanks by making sure I never sleep too late in the morning, by standing on me and sticking his nose in my eyes. If that doesn't work, he pulls my hair. No need for an alarm clock with Pete around.

Claire deserves a big "thank you" for all the papers she shreds. This helps keep me organized, disposes of uncessary paperwork and means I don't have to spend the money on a real paper shredder.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would like to thank my kitties for all the help with the housework. Corky, for dusting the top of everything...the kitchen cabinets, china cabinet, fireplace (and don't worry about that glass candle stick holder that was a wedding present that ended up shattered in pieces when it hit the wood floor. Accidents happen). Missy for taking care of under the couch and entertainment center (never would have known those dust bunnies were there is you hadn't brought them to my notice). And, Harley for licking my dinner plate clean, even when I wasn't done yet. What did I do before you guys came along?