Sides bangs and cowlicks...help?

emrldsky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok, so my stylist and I decided to cut my hair to my shoulders and it looks really nice. She also made my side bangs more severe, but I have a cowlick on my hairline which causes a part of my new side bangs to pop back to the other side. The way she cut the bangs, I can't easily part my hair on the other side (besides, I'm picky that way, lol).

Any ideas how to tame the cowlick?

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm surprised your stylist cut your hair like that knowing you have a cowlick right there. I wanted side bangs like that, but my stylist wouldnt do it (thank goodness!) because I have a cowlick right there too.

No advice, except GOOD LUCK!

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Uugh, cowlicks are annoying! I've no advice either, but am interested in hearing any too.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

emrldsky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

I'm surprised your stylist cut your hair like that knowing you have a cowlick right there. I wanted side bangs like that, but my stylist wouldnt do it (thank goodness!) because I have a cowlick right there too.

No advice, except GOOD LUCK!
She said she thought I could tame it (she just spaced on telling me how...).

She's a great stylist, really, lol. I've been going to her since my previous stylist moved to Atlanta (almost two years ago) to work with Redken (she was an AWESOME stylist) and things have been good so far.

But thanks!!!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by emrldsky

She said she thought I could tame it (she just spaced on telling me how...).

She's a great stylist, really, lol. I've been going to her since my previous stylist moved to Atlanta (almost two years ago) to work with Redken (she was an AWESOME stylist) and things have been good so far.

But thanks!!!
Have you tried like a mouuse-gel when your hair is wet, and then blow dry your hair in the way your want your bangs to be? That way maybe it would stay and the cowlick wouldn't be so bad? Thats what I've done before & it works pretty good
Or a little hairspray while its wet- it doesnt come out hard or crusty either

jujubee

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have cowlicks, so do my daughters. My oldest is 25, when we visit I've seen her put a couple bobby pins in the bangs to the side while her hair wet, to hold it place. After a certain amount of time, she styles her hair as usual.