Why do you love your S/O?

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What is it about them that just makes you say "I just love him/her!"?

I was thinking about DH. It's been very weird to not have him home this week. I guess it's been almost 2 years since he got home from his last deployment, so I've really gotten used to having him home every day. So here's my answers (well a few anyway!):

DH always thinks about me. What I would like or think about something, how am I feeling, etc. He always puts me first. I'm not so good at that.

DH never hesitates to lend a hand around the house. He does the yard, cleans the kitchen and does the litter-box! I mean how awesome is that! I typically do the laundry, cooking, vacuuming, and cat grooming. He's a better house keeper than me though! I'll admit it any day! I'm a pack-rat and he's the opposite. We balance each other. He keeps me motivated with things like that.

DH does the bills! He's got a good financial sense. He doesn't seem to see it, but things of that nature just come to him and I appreciate that! Not that I can't do the bills, balance the checkbook, etc. and I don't necessarily have problems working with numbers, he's just good at it.

Last but not least, DH tries to do whats right even if it's not comfortable. I'm sooo proud of the time he spent in the military. He was not happy in, but he did it anyway. And he'll do something if he just thinks it needs to be done...he just does it...and mostly without complaint. I admire that. I really do.

So that's why I love my man; what makes him extra special to me! So what thinks make your S/O significant to you?

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Chip makes me laugh, and knows when to joke and when to be serious (most of the time). He listens to me and really cares what I have to say. He knows what mood I'm in when even I'm not sure. He truely loves animals and is good with them (he's the only one that is able to give Monster her daily pill). He's my best friend and I can't imagine life without him.

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmmmm, that's tough, but not, you know? How do I type in a little box what makes me love my fiance?

Well, for starters, we grew up together. Not since we were little kids or anything, but we went through one of the most significant chunks of our development together (from 18-22...not such easy years). He has really come a long way and really turned some things around and I know part of why he did/does it was/is for me. There really is no greater gift!

Kind of going along with that, he has pulled himself up by his bootstraps. I really don't know how he came from his (cavernous black hole of a) family and turned out how he did. The kid's got drive and determination and works hard to make all the various ends in his life meet.

He's got good taste in almost everything (I have far, far superior taste in music, but I think it's fair for me to claim that!) He is well-dressed, clean-cut, well-spoken, polite to a T. Good to go out on the town with. Still chivalrous without being misogynistic.

This is someone who is willing to put his dream of getting a PhD from Georgetown on hold possibly forever because I got a break in my career. he puts me before him all of the time.

Even the way he remembers the little, inconseqential things like how I like my iced tea from Starbucks or my favorite bath-product cocktails really make me feel totally honored!

Basically, I can only hope he sees ANY of these things in me!

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is going to sound really silly, but I have to start leaking it... hehe... Mine is in Australia, and he wants to come to Germany for a few months, so he can spend time with me and gets to travel europe before we move back to Australia.. *has butterflies in her belly* I have known him for almost 10 years and Its just silly. *dances* only 65 more days to go before i see him again!

He is really caring and loving and family oriented, and he absolutely loves cats, his whole family love cats, so I think he is perfect. He is also very attractive
We share the same sense of humour, he thinks I'm a looney but we fit right together.

But thats all for now, ill leak more out with photos in October

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by fwan

This is going to sound really silly, but I have to start leaking it... hehe... Mine is in Australia, and he wants to come to Germany for a few months, so he can spend time with me and gets to travel europe before we move back to Australia.. *has butterflies in her belly* I have known him for almost 10 years and Its just silly. *dances* only 65 more days to go before i see him again!

He is really caring and loving and family oriented, and he absolutely loves cats, his whole family love cats, so I think he is perfect. He is also very attractive
We share the same sense of humour, he thinks I'm a looney but we fit right together.

?
?
You know we need more details than that before October!

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
He makes me laugh when i'm sad. He gets my weird sense of humour. He loves every bit of me and says he's glad someone else has the same warped mind as him as it's hard to find. I'm not skinny or pretty, and he calls me beautiful and sexy, even though i don't see it and i think hes crazy. He's a gentleman. He appreciates the little things i do for him. He finds my opinion important when he's clothes shopping and when he grooms (he said he didnt put much into his appearance when he was single). He loves animals as much as i do, and always points out how he loves that i care about them so much.

Oh there's probably a million things i can't think of atm

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
she is soft and smells better then i do?

hmm she can make me laugh and not alot of people can do that to me.
she is fun to talk to , and smart. plus she can spell english better then me.

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He is the other half that completes me.He is my soulmate and my rock.He is my best friend and my lover.In a nutshell, he is everything to me.(as are my kids)

cata_mint

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Because he is almost exactly on my wavelength. Because he makes me feel little, and cute and looked after (i'm nearly 5'8 and an only child who has always been treated like an adult, so this is very different to what i'm used to). Because he's smart. Because he still surprises me. Becuase i know how to make him happy, and vice versa.
This is surprisingly difficult to articulate!

anakat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by fwan

Originally Posted by Crazyforinfo

?
?
You know we need more details than that before October!
come on Tell us more

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He's my best friend
Oh, and if you look in the "how did you get your kitties" thread, you'll see he keeps rescuing cats for me

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There are so many reason.......

He always puts me and the kids 1st.
He is an amazing father
He cooks and cleans.
He is funny

Those are just a few of the many amny things that make him my soul mate!

crittergirl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
He has a kind, gentle heart.
He loves animals
He is the love of my life, my soulmate, my best friend, my security blanket
He is not afraid to work around the house and help out
He puts up with me when I have a very hard day

(He is gone until next Sunday night visiting family right now and I feel like a lost puppy without him
)

emrldsky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He brings me back down to earth. I'm a very silly person, and his more serious demeanor balances that out.

He makes me smile, just with a look.

He's patient with me (Lord knows I'm not a patient person myself).

He loves the cats, lol.

He's not afraid of helping around the house (why should I do it alone when we work the exact same hours and neither of our jobs is physically demanding?).

We're both computer geeks and it was love at first byte.

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He makes me laugh every day.

He's held my hand through the worst periods of my life.

He tells me he loves me when I am sleeping and he doesn't think I can hear him.

He's willing to put up with me.

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He's my best friend... always makes me smile even when I don't want to. He's just a big goofy kid, I'm ALWAYS laughing when he's around. And he loves the kitties as much as I do. Any man that names a kitten Captain Squishy Fuzzypants is a keeper in my opinion!

mirinae

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lionessrampant

Hmmmm, that's tough, but not, you know? How do I type in a little box what makes me love my fiance?
I know exactly what you mean! I mean, I love J, but how to quantify it or qualify it?

He's protective of me, which in a way is funny because I really don't view myself as the sort of person who needs protecting -- but there it is. He's more than a foot taller than me, muscular, with broad shoulders, and he just makes me feel safe.

He's smart. Really smart. And he appreciates that I'm also really smart, but at the same time, he doesn't make fun of me for the things I don't know (for example, I am absolutely horrible at math, whereas he can do abstract equations in his head ... or in his sleep). I don't care how cute or rich or funny a guy is -- if he isn't smart enough to have an intelligent, interesting conversation with, he isn't worth my time. I think it was comedian Ron White who said it best: "You can't fix stupid."

He's funny. (Not always as funny as he thinks he is, mind you.
) At lot of the time his sense of humour tends towards the Monty Pythonesque, which I like; he's into bathroom humour, too, which I'm less fond of but so long as he's happy ...

He's a good person. Oh, he can talk like he's all bad
, but the truth is, he's just not. He believes in chivalry, looking out for the little guy, and the basic rights and freedoms of others. In D&D terms
he's Neutral Good. He's also an old-fashioned kind of good guy, which is hard to define but you know it when you see it. And he gets as riled up about social issues and the rights of animals as I do.

Plus, he kills spiders. It's important, in every relationship, that at least one half of the couple is capable of doing this.
I am not that half.

rockcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Mirinae

Plus, he kills spiders. It's important, in every relationship, that at least one half of the couple is capable of doing this.
I am not that half.
That is a REAL important attribute!