Where did you get your kitties?

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Jazzy - rspca (i can't leave her off my list, she's only been gone 6 weeks and she's still my little baby)

Charlie - rspca

Cleo - vet (picked up by the council and was going to be put to sleep, but the vets knew Tristans mum couldn't say no to her)

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
heyu=shelter
eazy= hmm found me, he must moved in with out asking(how rude is that)
broni-stray
blackie=kitten itta saved from being killed by owner

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All 6 of my were MIL's barn cats. 5 lost their mother when they were still nursing so they were bottle fed, Little one was older, about 4 months when we got her. So, I don't know if we actually rescued them...maybe rescued them from being stepped on by a goat!

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Both of my kitties were from the humane society. Zebra was at petcetera because the humane society had too many kitties at the time, but I had to go to the humane society to adopt her and then back to petcetera to pick her up.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Velvet- Memphis Humane Society

Jasmine- Mewtopia Cat Rescue (who rescued her from Memphis Animal Services- the most high kill shelter in the mid south)

Isabella-Mewtopia Cat Rescue (who rescued her from Memphis Animal Services - who in turn rescued her from a very horrid breeder situation where she was severly abused)

Kojak- Bartlett Animal Shelter (where i work/foster)

ALL of my kitties (except Velvet) were "failed" foster kitties
and all 4 were rescues

Abilene- my other kitty who now lives with my mom (i couldn't take her with me- she's too bonded to my mom and she's like her little side kick
) I found her floating in a little water puddle half drown with her siblings in our backyard many years back when we had a really bad flash flood storm.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Chynna: She was abandoned in the stairwell of a building I used to live in. The security people tried to find her home for a week but couldn't
So they put her outside
The building was on a very busy street that had buses and huge trucks on it too
I found her the next morning crying and hiding in the bushes. I took her in and planned to take her to the Humane Society that evening after work. I got home and she was sleeping on my bed and when I picked her up she hugged me and gave me nose kisses and that was it!!!
I've had her since May 1993. She's about 15 1/2 years old now.

Abby: I adopted her in 1998 from my friend's daughter's room-mate. She was 4 months old at the time and she just turned 9 years on June 19th which is her actual birthday!

fostermomm

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Skye and her kittens came from Animal control.
Calamity was a stray that had her feral kittens in a fireplace in the apartment that I live in. I caught them.
The newest little fosters were abondend in front of a petstore.

celestialrags

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I only have one cat from the shelter right now. In the past every animal I have ever had were from shelters, taken in strays, or rescues that didn't end up leaving. Her name is Dora. I fostered her mom and her siblings and decided to keep her she is a black dsh, however her mother was a ragdoll (kind of why I fostered them
)
All my ragdolls came from breeders or born at my cattery.

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tiger's mom was a stray who adopted us and had kittens in my closet... Tiger was one of them

The cat brats..... looooooooong story... to make it short, my closet again (Thier mother Reilly was supposedly spayed but the vet lied)

Tonka, a small shelter rescue

Jake (the dog) came from SPCA

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Tinsel-shelter
Glory-Mom's cousin's cat had kittens
Tiger-shelter via my Mom marrying my step-Dad
Pumpkin-shelter
Bunny-shelter
Olivia-My Aunt, couldn't keep her in her apartment
Mooch & Noodles-Shelter

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aristotle came courtesy of TCS member Andeshan who was fostering his mother and Topaz was a stray.

spudsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Spud-from a litter that my cat had. He'll be 13 years old next month. My mom has his brother and my daughter has one of his sisters. Daughter had two but one has passed on.

Siam-rescued. Someone dumped him here when he was about three months old. It took us a month to be able to nab him and bring him in. Their loss and my great big loving gain! He is 20 months old now.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
All girls were from the animal shelter I volunteer at. Stumpy and Smudge are both "failed" fosters, Lily is the only one we intentionally adopted

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dylan Ishmael -- the SPCA shelter in McKinney. Someone else had just been looking at him and was planning to come back later... but he made it clear he was going home with us, and now I don't know what we would ever have done without him.

Sassy Lane -- the shelter where I volunteer. We were looking for a companion for Dylan, and we were just leaving the kitten room when what we thought was a pillow stood up and stretched!
She was all sleepy and snuggly... instant love.

Clyde Lee -- the shelter where I volunteer. I would get hung up on him during my rounds in the kitten room... hold him like a baby for hours, sing to him, exchange nosekisses with him... until finally one day, somebody said, "When are you taking your cat home, anyway?"

Abby Helen -- the shelter where I volunteer. She was a feral who started out as a foster, but never became adoptable, so she's our girl now, and we love her dearly... partly because she's Clydie's mom!

Pearl Noelle -- the SPCA shelter in The Colony, via a PetSmart adoption event. We weren't looking for a kitty, though I did intend to get Clyde a companion someday... but we stopped to pick up some cat food and there she was. My mom said, "This is your kitty. If you don't adopt her, I will, because she's the one." So I took a leap of faith... and oh boy, was Mom right!

St. John Dundee -- the shelter where I volunteer. Someone threw him out of a car when he was six weeks old, a trucker rescued him, he ended up at the shelter, and we took him as a foster... supposedly for just two weeks. But we were goners from day one!

kaylacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bosco, Bear, Max and Jasmine- born here..their momma was a stray that we took in (Kayla)

Buddy- Was born under the house to a feral momma (Kaylas sister). I caught him and his sister when they were around 8-9 weeks old and tamed them.

Molly- came here as a stray kitten.

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sebastian - decided to move in the same day I moved back to my mother's. The kids at the house he was supposed to be at were abusive little monsters and their parents

Daphne: from an ad on craigslist.