Ho hum what to do for dinner?

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I REALLY need to go to the shops and get some vegetables and have a decent dinner. Couldn't be bothered tonight though... tomorrow after my exam I'll do a big shop and stock the fridge.

So my choices are:

A meat pie
Mac and cheese (the just add water type)
Pasta (I don't have pasta sauce, but have chopped tomatoes and spices so can make my own pasta sauce)
A salad wrap
I've probably got chicken in the freezer, so could have that and rice (but I did that 2 nights ago)

Order in pizza...

whiskerynature

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

Order in pizza...
Ha! I was reading thru your post & was thinking we were debating the same thing & in the end -- pizza!

I'm weird, too
. I like pineapple on my pizza, so that's the only prepared part
...oh, and tried to balance it out
with a salad of arugula & red onion & shredded parmesan.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You guys are a bad influence!!!

Now what sort of pizza

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I hate ordering pizza in the US from the big pizza chains... compare the Australian Dominos menu to the US Dominos menu .

There's 25 choices on the Australian menu and 8 on the US one. Boring!!! And Pizza Hut only FIVE choices!!!!!

Edit: AND on the Pizza Hut menu for the US it says

There are a lot of mouths in this world, and we want to please 'em all. That's why there are so many different pizzas on our menu - each as distinctive as the person who orders 'em. So if you've got a mouth, we've got your pizza*.
Pssht!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
DH has been out of town since Monday....this is the first night I've NOT had pizza and wings! And actually all I've had has been cheese and crackers!
It's so hard to cook something up for just me! I mean I do have some stuffed shells my Mom made that just need to be baked up and have some sauce added, but I just don't feel like it!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles

DH has been out of town since Monday....this is the first night I've NOT had pizza and wings! And actually all I've had has been cheese and crackers!
It's so hard to cook something up for just me! I mean I do have some stuffed shells my Mom made that just need to be baked up and have some sauce added, but I just don't feel like it!
I know, it's such a pain when they're out of town!!!!!

I've got a wee bit of pregnancy related heartburn happening and the pizza menu is SO uninspiring, so maybe I'll do the salad wrap after all...

whiskerynature

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh no, I loooove Pizza Hut pan pizza
-- it's just the right kinda greasy dough...kinda like a giant foccacia or something
We get half supreme & half hawaiian.

But sometimes (like tonight) I like the thin hand-tossed local pizzeria kind. Have you ever tried a white pie? No tomato sauce, just a cheese/garlic/pesto-ish pizza.

Or is there an Italian restaurant nearby? They usually have those wood-fired oven pizzas w/ fresh mozzarella & basil...here they have arugula, sopressata, eggplant, red peppers, etc.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

I know, it's such a pain when they're out of town!!!!!

I've got a wee bit of pregnancy related heartburn happening and the pizza menu is SO uninspiring, so maybe I'll do the salad wrap after all...
I get heart burn off and on, and tonight I've got it. So it's probably best I stay away from sauce for a day or 2. We'll see if I can make it!
It's just goooood!

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Ew Pizza Hut is
anyway..
Agreed! Domino's is far superior... but we have a chain here called Brooklyn's that's really good, too. (Okay, so they poisoned me a year-and-a-half ago and I haven't been back since, but it tasted great!
)

My favorite pizza is just light cheese, with raw onions added after baking. People think I'm nuts, but I love it!

By the way, Mooch -- have you ever tried Pepcid AC? I always get heartburn from Italian, but one Pepcid just before eating eliminates it completely for me.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yah, I've decided to go for a banana and grapes

Actually the whole reason I went downstairs was to get my water, but instead unpacked the dishwasher, put the dirty stuff in, rooted around the fridge and freezer to see if something new had miraculously appeared (it hadn't), and fed the cats.

My water is still downstairs though.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

Agreed! Domino's is far superior... but we have a chain here called Brooklyn's that's really good, too. (Okay, so they poisoned me a year-and-a-half ago and I haven't been back since, but it tasted great!
)

My favorite pizza is just light cheese, with raw onions added after baking. People think I'm nuts, but I love it!

By the way, Mooch -- have you ever tried Pepcid AC? I always get heartburn from Italian, but one Pepcid just before eating eliminates it completely for me.
I take Zantac if I get in a spell of heartburn for a couple of days. I took some tums earlier and so far it's helping. I don't always get heartburn from what I eat, just overdoing it with acidy foods or stress. I ought to just go for some Pepcid and not chance it! This time I'm thinking its a combo of things!

whiskerynature

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

)
Ah!
I'm totally in the minority here as a Pizza-Hut-Pan-Pizza-Lover!

P.S. I've sworn off Domino's b/c the local one has poisoned me
2 or 3 times in a row!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

This is my favourite pizza place back in Australia - Zefferelli - check out their regular and gourmet pizza menu!!!!

My favourites are their marinara - tomato, cheese, fresh seasoned seafood tossed in garlic & parsley.

Satay chicken - Tomato, cheese, chicken pieces, marinated in a spicy peanut sauce, topped with chopped shallots & crushed peanuts

And the cheesy garlic pizza - olive oil, garlic, cheese

Their bases are hand tossed, the sauce is perfectly seasoned and they're soooooo flavourful!

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There's a place here called The Joint that has the BEST pizza ever. They have a delicious whole-wheat crust (or you can get non-bleached organic white). My favorite is the chicken taco: thin crust, grilled chicken, taco seasonings, and topped with fresh lettuce, tomatoes, and sour cream. (It's on their eat-in menu only but they'll make it for delivery if you ask.)

http://www.eatatthejoint.com/aah/menu/

At least we helped you decide to not have pizza!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by SwampWitch

There's a place here called The Joint that has the BEST pizza ever. They have a delicious whole-wheat crust (or you can get non-bleached organic white). My favorite is the chicken taco: thin crust, grilled chicken, taco seasonings, and topped with fresh lettuce, tomatoes, and sour cream. (It's on their eat-in menu only but they'll make it for delivery if you ask.)

http://www.eatatthejoint.com/aah/menu/

At least we helped you decide to not have pizza!
Oh yum - the Spinach quiche pizza looks good!!! Actually they've got lots of yummo looking pizzas!

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Oh yum - the Spinach quiche pizza looks good!!! Actually they've got lots of yummo looking pizzas!
I haven't tried that one yet, but I've been eyeing it and it's next on my list! The chicken pesto is sooo good, too. I tried a slice the first time we ate there and all I could say is, "This is SOOOO good!" over and over.

Surely there's a small "mom and pop" pizza place in your area that makes special pizzas?