Ferris' First Furcut!

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We're home from the vets, and he trembled like a leaf all the way home. His eyes look like he's been crying, the fur is all wet around the edges of his eyes, but they didn't say they bathed him and he smells the same to me...anyhoo:

The girls have been kind to him, and he's walking around the house, making sure everything is the same and he's home. As soon as the carrier door was opened, he came out and stopped shaking. (See belly pooch pic below, that was the first shot I got.)

He is not mad at me, and is VERY glad to be home. He seems lighter on his feet and definitely cooler and OMG he ISN'T the fat boy I thought he was! No, he is totally a SKINNY VINNIE, as it turns out!
I know! Can you believe it? Well, just look at the pictures for yourself!

He weighs 10 pounds, and I am pretty darned sure that he's 2 pounds less than he was at his last visit - I have to check on that. Either that, or they cut off a couple of pounds of fluff.

This is what they did to him:

FRONT VIEW

BELLY POOCH VIEW

LEFT SIDE VIEW

RIGHT SIDE VIEW

TOP VIEW

They left too much fur on his front legs - that's where they matt up, but overall, it is SUCH an improvement for him. Poor baby - he should have been a shorthair. But that tail!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh my! Ummm...
Not quite what I expected!

What were they thinking??!!? Why would they not shave him so he at least looks like a big strong lion?? They cut that much fur off they might as well just make it a lion cut!

If you cover up his back half, he just looks normal!

Ahh well, I'm sure it must feel so much lighter for him!, and he's definitely still a handsome boy - and he is nice and lean isn't he! Sounds as though he hasn't come home too traumatised and that's the main thing!

anakat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm glad it's all over and he is home, it was nice of Ginger and Penny not to laugh at him
perhaps Penny will let him have a turn with the mouse

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here I've been, worried that my boy is too fat, and all this time it was just fur. Now I'm feeling guilty and want to stuff food in him.

Oh I love this boy!

I'm letting go of my stress...breathing deeply...the vet visit cost $308 total...it's now in the past...breathe...breathe...

It seemed as if all the professional office people were there in the afternoon when I went to pick him up. I felt better about that, but I'm still ticked quite a bit. WILL be researching and interviewing new vet options. I just can't go through this again.

And Ferris would look REALLY handsome if his lion cut was done right. In these pictures he looks like he's wearing a long-sleeved pullover and Ugg boots!

EDIT: You guys are making me laugh with your comments - thanks, I needed that.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh YA!

His little elbows are shaved on his front legs so when he walks these little bony elbows pump up and down in the air. It's HILARIOUS to watch!

Oh I am so glad this is over...

EDIT: I just realized I said elbows and I totally meant SHOULDERS. I'm tired, man...

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He's got leg warmers!

Honey I know you've had a bad day with this, but these pictures are just wonderful. Who knew your boy had striped skin?

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

He's got leg warmers!

Honey I know you've had a bad day with this, but these pictures are just wonderful. Who knew your boy had striped skin?
I'm loving him to pieces.

That isn't his skin, though. They trimmed his fur down ALMOST to the skin, so he has a whiffle, and he feels like a mink coat. Literally - sheared mink, I think is what they call it. He is softer to the touch than Penny is right now, and she is velvet.

But I would bet money that his skin IS striped.
My little tiger/lion babyboy.

roimata

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
LOL :censor::censor::censor: no offense but couldnt they have shaved the whole thing? It looks and seems a bit silly not to shave the legs or anything.

lnbandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a sweet boy Ferris is! I hope that the girls behave around him! Is there such a thing as a puppy cut for cats? You know, the cut they give poodles which just keeps them evenly short haired all over? Maybe that would work for Ferris! And I am glad that he isn't traumatized by the vet visit!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You know the good news - you can still use the Furminator on him now!!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a strange cut! Not the belly shave, and not the lion shave...and not quite something in between, LOL

So long as he's cooler that's the important thing though.

Regardless of his fur cut style, he's still a handsome boy. I just love his long bushy tail!!!

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I think it makes him look taller.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh poor baby! I was thinking he looks like he's got some cowboy boots with some fringe on the back! Or maybe winged shoes from that Greek god person whats his face! I bet he feels much better though!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
He looks so doofy!

And that belly! Oh man, I never realized it went all the way up his belly. Does he ever have a "sag" or what?

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

He looks so doofy!

And that belly! Oh man, I never realized it went all the way up his belly. Does he ever have a "sag" or what?
I KNOW!!!

I thought it was just the pooch at his lower abdomen that I could feel under his pounds of fur, but he has a saggy belly the whole way up! And he's never even had a litter!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If anyone asks, tell people "Well, my grandma was making a sweater & she needed wool. She mistook Ferris for the sheep that like in my apt. & started using his fur for the sweater. She realized what she'd done & stopped right away!"

Think anyone would buy that?