Anybody want 2 cats???? Free to a semi-decent home...

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
OMG Smudge and Stumpy are driving me nuts today. It's just one thing after another. They are restless and I swear they're walking around looking for trouble.

Smudge is chewing on everything, and just knocking random things over as she's bumping into them, then runs over to me and chews on my toes while I'm trying to concentrate.

Stumpy got bored to decided to chew on a power cable that I haven't covered so now I'm going to have to go covering the ones next to the couch as well to stop her chewing. She also has an obsession with used tissues, and my allergies have been driving me nuts so I had a couple of tissues next to where I was studying, which is also next to my HUGE cup of water (had about 1L/34oz in it). As soon as I walked away, she jumped up and grabbed a tissue and knocked over my cup in the meantime!!!
I get back and she's happily chewing on a tissue (she is so gross), and there's water ALL OVER THE COUCH. It's everywhere.

I have an exam tomorrow so am trying to concentrate on studying, but every time I get going, they do something to drive me nuts!

I gave up for a bit to play with them, then put some treats into their Bizzy Kitty Entertainment Centre (cardboard box with holes in it), only Stumpy has figured it out, and just pulls the treats out one by one - there's no challenge for her. Whereas dopey Smudge keeps trying to shove her whole head into the tiny holes to get the food. She even watches how Stumpy gets the treats, and tries to shove her head straight back in, and just ends up pushing the box across the room.

I thought by now they'd be ready for a nap, but just heard another crash downstairs

Lily is such a good girl. I wish we had 3 Lily's!!!!

I don't know if they're not used to me being home so much so just expect me to be entertaining them the whole time, or if they're this crazy when they're home alone as well!

liza24

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
you poor thing!!!!!

give em some catnip, and they will sleep.......after running like the were on fire,lol

whosamyhercules

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Gee I wish I had that problem sometimes. My cats are lazy boogers...Everytime I try to get them to play it lasts like 5 minutes and then bam they are laying down sleeping!

*lulu*

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have that problem too!!!
Max always seems to chew the laces on my shoes...its so annoying because when I go to do them up again I find half of it missing. I've brought two new pairs of laces because the others were all chewed up. lol Stupid cat!
And Billy just enjoys wrecking the curtains. He charges up them and pulls them off the hooks. I think they've been sewn up twice (well the ones in the living room) The ones in my parents bedroom have been sewn up once. haha

noludoru

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Awww.. I'm sorry you're having a terrifying day with them! When mine are like that, they get dinner, some toys, and Emma gets a small kong stuffed with food, and they go in their crates for a bit if I can't play with them and don't have the energy to do cleanup right away. Then they fall right asleep, and when I let them come back out an hour or two later they usually want to stay in there.

Just try to ignore the crashes.
They'll play till they're tired.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Cost of petrol to get to party hire store - About $.10
2 x furry mousies - $.50
4 x foil helium balloons from party hire store - $8

An afternoon of entertained kitties and sanity for myself - PRICELESS!!!!!

Just ran down to the party hire store, got 4 balloons, and have 2 balloons tied to one mousey, so Stumpy and Smudge get a floating mousey each. Problem solved - now back to the books

boog's mom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

2 x furry mousies - $.50

Just ran down to the party hire store, got 4 balloons, and have 2 balloons tied to one mousey, so Stumpy and Smudge get a floating mousey each. Problem solved - now back to the books
You are brilliant! I don't even see why you need to be studying now. If you can figure out how to deal with persistant pestering pusses, everything else should be a piece of cake.

mickey14

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
heathens they are!!! They sound like my cats! You just never know when a fight will break out complete with LOUD caterwalling and knocking over of knickknacks!! Last week after a hectic day at work I was laying on the couch a fight broke out and they ran over me and I got a very long and deep scratch on my left forearm!!!
: They seem to do this before a storm!!!

BTW I have 6 cats not including my new 3 week old. He is pretty quiet though!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Good news - they are fast asleep now!! Mwahahaahah!!!!!

samantha1979

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

2 x furry mousies - $.50

That's great!!
I would have never thought of that! I don't think my kitties like balloons though....

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
hehe dont you just hate those bad cat days

lol hmm i wonder of the ballon thing would work with eazy

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a brilliant idea. My cats love helium filled ballons and never thought to attach the mousie. Bet my kids would like that also!