Tomorrow, I leave for work combat ready!

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, what a morning I had getting into work today! I got delayed leaving the house due to Merlin refusing to budge from in front of the door. Finally leave (5 minutes late) and start rushing to the bus stop (normally a 7-10 minute walk depending on my speed). As I am rushing along, WAM! Out of nowhere (ok - not nowhere - out of a driveway) I get hit by a basketball. Who plays basketbal at 6:50 in the morning? Ok, so I brush myself off, and pick up the pace and next thing I know I am being attacked (ok, maybe not attacked, but jumped on anyway) by a gargantuan (ok, maybe more medium sized) squirrel! HELLO!!! Plus sized woman here squirrel - can you not see me? He leapt right out of a bush and it was like he was using me to change the direction he was going in. He bounced off my hip and ran away. Well, let me tell you I yelped (I mean who wouldn't really). Then I paused for a moment to look around to see if anything else was lying in wait for me (you never know - it was possible), brushed myself off again, checked for scratches or blood and continued on my trek to the bus. So I get to the corner and see my bus approaching from the distance - still plenty of time to get it. Push the button for the cross walk and start crossing. Get the majority of the way across and a car almost mows me down rushing thru the flashing crosswalk. I jump out of the way - toward the curb, which is muddy from ongoing construction, and land ankle deep in mud. Once again I brush myself off and shake the mud from my shoe (take it off actually and rub it in the grass). Then I hobble the rest of the way to the bus stop. At this point I'm thinking "maybe it's a sign that I shouldn't go to work", but then I think of going back the way I just came and decided that work may be the lesser of 2 evils!

Now I just have to survive the trip home!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Crazyforinfo

That's just crazy! I hope your way home is safer!
I'm almost afraid to try!

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Crazyforinfo

I would be too! This is a good reason to carry an umbrella!
Somehow I don't think my 15 year old Eeyore umbrella will do much got. It no longer does to good of a job fending off rain, let alone basketballs, squirrels and cars!

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Adrienne, that sure made me smile!! Thanks for that! I'm so sorry about your troubles and hopefully the rest of your day got better!

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Do you think that someone has ordered a suburban hit on you? Fortunately they have terrible operatives and I'm glad you got to work all safe.

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That was very eventful, can't wait to hear about the way back! Wishing you a safe return

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Let's just say that one the way home lat night I got off a bus stop early so I could walk a different way home! This morning I went my usual route and I swear there were more squirrels then normal out there just staring at me (I would say I saw 10 on the street I was attacked yesterday, all near each other and all just looking at me - it was creepy). I thought I would be ambushed, but made to work safely.

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by adymarie

Let's just say that one the way home lat night I got off a bus stop early so I could walk a different way home! This morning I went my usual route and I swear there were more squirrels then normal out there just staring at me (I would say I saw 10 on the street I was attacked yesterday, all near each other and all just looking at me - it was creepy). I thought I would be ambushed, but made to work safely.
This is reminiscent of tht old movie "Day of the Animals".

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katl8e

If it is then that is a movie I don't want to see!

Yikes!

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katl8e

I was listening to Bob & Tom (Radio show) one morning and there is a comedian who does a thing about that. How the animals are all in it together to get us like the Geico squirrel commercial.
It was very funny.

I'm glad your trip home went better. That is really creepy--the squirrels staring at you.